Solidarites International (SI) – The association is directed by Jean-Yves Troy. Founded by Alain Boinet and presided by Edouard Lagourgue, SOLIDARITÃ‰S INTERNATIONAL is a non-profit organisation under the French 1901 charities law. An annual general meeting is held each year, and the charity has a Board of Governors and a steering committee.
Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Opportunities at Solidarites International (SI)
Administrative Management of Personnel:
- Welcome and participate in administrative briefing of new personnel
- Assist the administrator for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Participate in the organization of training
- Ensure archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Solidarités International employees
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR data
- Participate in the monitoring of work contracts on the base
- Collect payment details and integrate them into the HR management software (Homere)
- Issue pay slips and supervise payment of salaries after approval by the administrator
- Calculate taxes and duties and create pay records for the relevant organizations
- Keep an organization chart up to date for the base
- Assist the administrative in the organization and conduct of meetings with personnel representatives
- Participate in the application of policies relating to salaries and benefits for Solidarités International
- Monitor changes in the cost of living
- Train and support team members under his or her supervision
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the admin services in case of absence (days of, sickness etc.)
Treasury / Accounting / Management:
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator
- List liquidity needs in concert with the admin coordinator
- Carry out pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Solidarités International
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Exchange currencies at request of superiors
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Archive accounting records according to Solidarités procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information .
Reporting / Communication:
- Participate in supervision of regulations in effect
- Aid admin coordinator in relations with administrative authorities.
Organization Chart Position (Reporting and Functional Relationships):
- Line manager: Administrator
- Line report(s) on base: Field Coordinator
- Functional manager: Administrator.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Salary + Transport & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Field Coordinator Assistant
- The Field Coordinator Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in his/her representation, program
- coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidarités International in his/her
- intervention zone, coordination with other humanitarian participants, team management and security
- and humanitarian monitoring.
- These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant Field Coordinator. It is strictly
- prohibited for the Field Coordinator Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidarités
- International and its activities without prior authorization from the Field Coordinator.
- In addition, the Field Coordinator Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be
- undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, as well as their post-validation
List of main tasks:
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of – the Field Coordinator
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information
- Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing
- Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator
- Follow all movements within Zamfara State and other States if necessary even during weekends and public holidays to ensure the security of the staff and SI assets
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility
- Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base of other departments. To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidarités International’s mandate.
- Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends
- Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section
- Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting
- Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc Degree in Law / Public Administration or a similar background
- Minimum of two years experience as Field Coordinator Assistant or in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs in a timely manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa ability to read and write
- A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of the north-west humanitarian context
- Preferably indigenous of Zamfara State or the North-West States.
Explore More Opportunities
- Federal Government Graduate Internship Programme 2021
- 2021 Nigerian Air Force Hospital Internship Recruitment
- MTN Global Graduate Development Programme For Nigerians
- Latest Recruitment at Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Latest Recruitment
- US Embassy is Recruiting
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment
- Job Opening at Cadbury Nigeria Plc
- READ: HOW TO A GET A JOB IN 2021 (A COMPLETE GUIDE)
Deputy Administrative Manager
Financial and budgetary management:
- Participate on the monthly bilateral budget meetings at base level, and support the Administrative Manager in updating the monthly base budget follow ups according to Solidarités format
- Update the Allocation Board before Administrative manager verification.
- Check the coherence between the payments, the accountancy and the budget allocations according to the financial strategy of the mission (costs allocation, eligibility, donor rules compliance), with the support of the Administrative Manager
- Monitor enforcement of finance process implementation at mission level
- Prepare and control the tax payment (income taxes, VAT…) for the bases under his/her responsibility
- Prepare for and support audits or possible inspections, upon request from the Administrative Manager
- Control the enforcement of cash payments rules and good registration of the transactions in SAGA
- Supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her bases
- Supervise the physical check of the invoices and cash inventories in each book
- Monitor reallocation requests, coherence between SAGA parameters and budgets
- Monitor fuel payments and ensure good registration of the fuel management data in the accountancy, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager
- Supervise the control of the vouchers and other back up documents to be sent to Coordination
- Support and provide technical assistance to the team on daily operations
- Ensure bank transactions (cheque and transfers) for the bases with the validation of the Administrative Manager
- In collaboration with the Activity Managers and Logistics Managers, supervise and monitor the monthly cash forecast and transfer of each base and prepare the consolidated document for validation of the Administrative Manager
- Liaise with the coordination finance team to launch and monitor the fund transfers between the base bank account and the coordination
- Manage the cash-flow at base level and ensure that banks and cash boxes are well supplied for each base
- Ensure respect of the mission Cash Management Policy at base level
Administrative and Legal Follow-up:
- Monitor the implementation of the administrative and Human Resources rules and procedures
- Monitor the respect of the administrative calendar by the HR and Finance team
- Supervise the HR and Finance assistant in updating the HR monitoring tools and drafting the different administrative documents of the bases
- Upon validation of the Administrative manager, Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring with the HR and Finance assistant
- Supervise welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive briefings
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Centralize training requests from teams and set up a training plan, with Administrative manager support
- Assist in applying Solidarités International’s salary and social policies
- Assist with meetings and communication with personnel
- Ensure completion of paper and digital filing, as well as securing administrative documents on all bases
- Supervise the archiving, handling and security of Solidarités International personnel files of the bases
- Ensure supervision and training of the HR and Finance assistants
- Organize and participate in regular field visits on the different bases
- Conduct regular appraisal of his/her team
- Ensure minimum staffing levels for the administrative service during periods of absence (vacation, illness, etc.)
Reporting / Communication:
- Liaise with the coordination to ensure implementation of Administrative, HR and finance processes at base level and propose improvement to the Administrative Manager
- Supervise communication with the bases in collaboration with the HR and Finance Assistants
ORG Chart Position (reporting and functional relationships):
- Line manager: Administrative Manager
- Line report(s) on base: HR and Finance Assistants
- Functional manager: Deputy Finance and HR coordinat
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in admin/finance positions
- 1 year experience in NGO is preferable
- Knowledge of HR policies/procedures
- Very good Excel skills, knowledge of accounting software is a plus (SAGA)
- Good management skills
- Autonomy, rigor, analytical skills and sense of initiative
- Good level of English (written and spoken), Hausa, Kanuri are a plus.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Opportunities at Solidarites International (SI)” should click the button below to apply.
Hard copy applications will also be received in Gusau at:
Gada Biyu, Zanna Road,
Opposite A.A Gusau House,
Gusau, Zamfara State.
- Send your CV and motivation letter only.
- Candidates should select “Admin Assistant” in the application form.
- Candidates should Click on the link above to fill the Application Form and attach their CV and Motivation Letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.