The International Red Cross and Red Crescent (ICRC) Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent (ICRC) is recruiting for vacant position. All Interested candidates are advised to go through available position carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Apply now for the Latest Job Recruitment at ICRC – International Committee of the Red Cross.
Table of Contents
Movement Cooperation Specialist 1
- Under the direct supervision of the Cooperation Coordinator, the Movement Cooperation Specialist 1 contributes to developing, refining, and implementing the delegation’s objectives for cooperation with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in line with the ICRC’s Movement policies and in consultation with the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS).
- S/he contributes to building and strengthening the operational partnership between the ICRC and the NRCS, and work closely with the ICRC operational departments coaching and guiding them to enable a conducive relationship with the NRCS.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyses and summarizes information relevant to the operational partnership between the ICRC and the NS; identifies gaps in capacity in the field especially in the relationship between the departments / SDs and the NRCS HQ and Branches and proposes solutions in line with the global or delegation policy/strategy on Movement cooperation.
- Develops the partnership skills of the ICRC operational department and NRCS Counterparts and movement partners (when relevant) and ensures that all operational staff within the ICRC are aware of the Movement’s activities in the country and that they integrate that knowledge into their plans and operational strategies.
- Advises ICRC departments on their approaches and work attitude towards their NRCS counterparts. Work on standardizing the ICRC approaches towards the NS.
- Contributes to analysing Movement dynamics and trends that impact the ICRC’s operations; advises and supports the Movement Cooperation Coordinator on issues related to coordination within the Movement; maintains a good understanding of reputational risks and potential integrity issues affecting the Movement.
- Advises and supports the delegation management and Movement Cooperation Coordinator(s) on issues related to the technical area, including in its interaction with other areas of support.
- Contributes to annual planning, PfR and MfR in close coordination with the cooperation team
- Contributes to drafting the agreements of the cooperation departments with the NRCS and other movement partners.
- Advise and support capacity building initiatives and ensure a wholistic standardized approach to the file transversally across departments.
- Support the cooperation file in two sub delegation MIU, YOL and DAT and work closely with the cooperation officers in the two sites to empower their role and coach them through the job.
- Maintain close coordination with the cooperation coordinator in all matter.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- 6 to 9 years work experience in a field relevant to Movement Cooperation (within or outside the ICRC)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience as Movement Cooperation Officer or international work experience with the ICRC or any other Movement components
- Excellent spoken and written English language. Knowledgeable in another ICRC language is an advantage.
Desired profile and Skills:
- Computer literacy (competency in Microsoft Office)
- Adaptable, multitasker and good in time management.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Send their CV and Certificates to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org using “ABJ202300399 Movement Cooperation Specialist 1 ABJ” as the subject of the email.
- Applications intended for this role that disregard the online application Ms form will not be taken into consideration
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Deadline: November 26, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.