Kuda Bank is a full-service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more.
Kuda Bank is recruiting for the vacant position. All Interested candidates are advised to go through the available position carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Apply now to fill out the job recruitment at Kuda Bank.
Table of Contents
Head of Internal Audit
This role is tasked with the responsibility of providing independent and objective assurance to the Board on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control system. This role has the responsibility for developing, implementing, monitoring, and
reviewing the effectiveness of Kuda’s governance, risk management and internal control systems with a view to ensure organisational objectives are met. Successful candidate’s is expected to transform the Internal Audit function to be compliant with Institute of Internal Auditors standards and best practice.
- Develop a comprehensive internal audit program for the Company. Perform risk based financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the approved Audit plan and ensure implementation of efficient processes for documenting and implementing all audit-related initiatives, activities, and recommendations.
- Present Internal Audit reports to the Board Audit Committee during quarterly meetings for review and approval.
- Review the Company’s practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures and develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, control environment and the adequacy of company records and record-keeping.
- Coordinate Forensic audits and Revenue assurance and Quality assurance programme to ensure all earnable revenues of the Company are properly accounted for and to ensure all revenue leakages are blocked.
- Perform special audits on an ad-hoc basis as required by regulators, unit heads, Management, or Audit Committee.
- Establish and continuously improve a consistent operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of enterprise wide risks and issues.
- Develop value-for-money advice and guidance to business units and management on all compliance issues.
- Evaluate new laws and regulations and stay abreast of all legislative and regulatory developments both locally and globally that might have an impact on the Company.
- Liaise with all related units on risk related issues, as well as non-compliance with internal policies, legislation, rules, and regulations.
- Serve as liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies.
- Establishes appropriate control frameworks to maintain accuracy, integrity, and reliability of financial records to prevent misstatements and frauds and safeguard the Bank’s assets.
- Determines adequacy of controls over specific activities as well as ensure that adequate controls are put in place to mitigate risks in the Bank’s processes.
- Conduct and direct internal audit and ongoing reviews of Kuda’s control, operating procedures and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape, the Financial industry and globally.
- Coaches, supervises, and directs the activities of direct reports and provide appropriate guidance in the execution of the unit’s agreed work plans and programmes.
- Conduct periodic performance appraisal sessions with direct reports in line with stipulated career and performance management policies and procedures.
- Any other duty as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc. degree in any field
- Member of a recognized Risk/Accounting related professional body (e.g. ICAN/ ACCA/CFE/CIA/CISA etc.)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 4 years in leadership position in Internal Control/Audit function
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of risk identification, assessment, and management frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks (such as COSO framework and Basel Corporate Governance Principles) and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and internal control principles, operational risk evaluation and governance frameworks in financial institutions.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements as well as the ability to translate these into appropriate policies and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of principles of banking processes, procedures, and policy
- Thorough knowledge of operational routine in banks.
- Detailed understanding of risk, credit analysis and principles of lending and credit operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to use these skills practically in developing workflows, capacity planning, business process design implementation and optimization.
- Ability to manage projects and when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices to manage risks appropriately.
- Ability to adapt and meet deadlines on assignment, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO and the Board.
- Flair for excellence, productivity and efficiency.
- Broad-vision with a proactive, resilient and diplomatic approach in handling sensitive issues.
- Sound knowledge of transaction review, general audit and Control,
- Revenue assurance and Risk management.
- Good computer literacy knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to clearly express logically reasoned ideas.
- Ability to think clearly, asses matters quickly and to solve problems with the minimum fuss and time
- Ability to make/take calculated decisions and to think forward and act accordingly.
- Fair knowledge of ACL/SQL for database query.
- Interpersonal relationship management skill, strong drive, ambitious and visionary skills.
- Good understanding of the policies and procedures of effective and efficient financial operations.
- Creative, innovative and a good team player.
- Impeccable personal and corporate relationship management.
- Impeccable skills of general management and financial management.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.