The Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a market organization that provides services for the largest economy in Africa, Nigeria. It was formerly known as the Nigerian Stock Exchange before it was demutualized in March 20211.
NGX Group offers listing and trading securities, licensing, market data solutions, ancillary technology, regulation, real estate, and more. You can trade the shares of companies that are publicly quoted on the NGX.
Applications are requested from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job recruitment at the Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group).
Table of Contents
Financial Product Analyst
- We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Product Analyst, who will support the drive, design and develop products in the Nigerian Exchange Group Plc.
- She/he will also support all functions pertaining to product lines with the overall goal of ensuring products are appropriately priced, positioned, promoted, and supported in a way that will increase order flow as measured by number of transactions, trading volume and value in line with our strategy.
- The Product Analyst will work as a “Product Champion” by proactively disseminating related information whilst communicating the product message.
- She/he will be required to stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends (utilisng internal and external data/information) to support the creation of a competitive platform that enables stakeholders realise their investment objectives.
- In addition, She/he will drive Product Development Programmes as well as ensure the success of these programmes by working with all relevant stakeholders.
- Support continuous enhancement of Market micro-structure, as well as development and introduction of Product lines/markets.
- Support development and drive of product lifecycle, from creation to launch/operational, as well as product excellence and usage.
- Catalyse adoption of global best practices in sales practice, order handling, trade execution, trade reporting, and other initiatives that will enhance client experience when interacting in the market.
- Work with the Market Operations and Technology teams to ensure system compatibility with market structure enhancements.
- Work with market participants to increase market liquidity; and review enquiries such as length of trading hours, circuit breakers, best execution statistic, opening and closing auctions, etc.
- Assist to drive review and amendment of trading rules as necessary, to promote fair and orderly trading of Products.
- Support coordination and operation of investor education programmes in partnership with other stakeholders on market products.
- Understand drivers of order flow to the Nigerian Exchange Group Plc.
- Support coordination and partnership with the other product development team members in conjunction with other stakeholders, to design and price products, identify and address key issues that must be resolved before a successful product launch.
- Serve as an ambassador and product line expert to internal/external stakeholders.
- Research new product ideas in conjunction with institutional/wholesale distribution and marketing firms to determine success potentials and uniqueness within the industry.
- Support the Product Manager to monitor and interpret product pricing trends as well as recommend appropriate strategies.
- Understand product profitability goals and provide inputs to appropriate financial areas.
- Provide insights and marketing on an on-going proactive basis with respect to product positioning.
- Analyse competitive marketplace and industry trends to appropriately develop business strategies for revenue generation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First degree in a quantitative or business-related area.
- 2-5 years’ post NYSC experience in financial services industry or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role.
- Good business knowledge of Markets trading, settlement, middle and back-office systems.
- Experience in product development and management within the Financial Services Industry.
- Sound understanding of Capital Markets Business/Industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Reuters & Bloomberg platforms.
- Relevant experience in trading, sales and operations of Capital Market products.
- Good working knowledge on institutional and wholesale distribution channels.
- First class communication abilities and able to liaise across diverse stakeholder groups.
- Strong leadership qualities as well as ability to function effectively with a team.
- Knowledge of relevant legal policies, regulations and risk management.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail with a high sense of responsibility.
- Strong research, report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage effectively with C-level Executives.
- Focused and detail-oriented.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Consulting experience in financial services within product development or investment management discipline will be a distinct advantage.
Method of Application
Please apply directly or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “NGX Recruitment – Product Analyst”. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. (Tip: Learn how to write a Professional CV).
Deadline: September 26, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.