Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-center of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million.
Airtel Nigeria is currently recruiting interested and qualified candidates for two key managerial positions in the organization. The company whose product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Job Vacancies at Airtel Nigeria.
- This function is expected to act as the representative for technical and functional requirements in the area in the area of MPBN, MPLS, Enterprise MPLS, IPRAN and IP Core together referred as IP Services solutions to support both Mobile and Enterprise services.
- The role will define the optimal topology of the IP Services to meet a premium service level agreements and industry architecture for IP Network;
- This role provides Level-1 support to the function with hands-on knowledge and experience on the nodes and ensures FTR configurations.
MPBN Operations to ensure Uninterrupted voice and data service delivery:
- Perform day to day operations & management, fix alarms and resolve incidents, prepare daily health check status and report to TL.
- Keep & Maintain inventory of IP Addresses and implement Zoning.
- Allocate IP Addresses to Network as per Airtel Zoning policy and maintain its database.
- Ensure cabling in IP network is maintained as per standard structured cabling procedures in switch rooms.
- Perform Change Management, performance & optimization through O&M and Performance Management processes.
- Ensure all Faults, Trouble Tickets & Incidents are recorded and addressed within SLAs. Documentation of all such events are prepared with RFO, RCA and RCF. Weekly and monthly report of such incidents are prepared to do analytic study on them by TL and reduce incidents.
- Analyze traffic reports and optimize traffic.
- Implement all BISP related tasks and perform duties within BISP framework.
- Perform NOC integration for alarm reporting & escalation.
- Execute patches and support update/upgrade process.
- Perform ATP, UAT on services and nodes.
- Support TSG / Enterprise team in resolving customer complaints.
- Provide inputs to TL on spares inventory and Life Cycle management on nodes.
- Update Solution document, HLD, DLD, LLD along with Network Diagram.
- Keep document management updated.
Capacity optimization, availability & performance management:
- Perform adequate day to day capacity optimization, of all nodes, interfaces on IP Services related Nodes – in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Continuously being the loop of the network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from TL and Group Planning team.
Support in Expansion & Evolution of Core Network:
- Understand the business requirements and impact on the IP backbone and data network infrastructure.
- Support expansion of nodes well in advance.
- Support evolution of IP Services to best industry practices.
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Vendor Customer Support and supplier vendors are engaged at all times to deliver high quality output expected first time right.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor / Master of Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering degree / Computer Science / IT
- Detailed working of IP/MPLS
- Juniper / Cisco / Huawei NE certified engineer is a must
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of call flows of Telecom w.r.t. IP routing
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the IP Nodes.
- Multivendor experience – Including experience with Transmission, Core & Data networks.
- Good understanding of the commercial deployment of IP/MPLS which could includes hands-on operations, test and/or deployment. Understanding of the evolution of 2G/3G/4G networks moving convergence with IP
- Detailed understanding of IP technology
- Tracing and analysis acumen and experience on end to end E2E service flow.
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point.
CX Application Support Ops SME
- The CX App Support SME is responsible for governance and management of customer facing application management teams to deliver application support services related to applications, tools and utilities for Airtel Nigeria IT operation.
- This role will oversee managed service operation staff to ensure that operational commitments are consistently delivered for Airtel Nigeria.
- The SME will be reporting to Operations Lead.
- The Customer Service Application SME is responsible for
- Delivering activities in line with Customer Service Application domain strategy and initiatives to support IT enablement to drive sales in Airtel Nigeria
- Ensure Application Uptime with 99% for all CX Based Applications
- Delivering seamless IT Operation of Airtel Nigeria business for CX Application management supporting KYC, USDM et al
- Promoting continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned domain.
- Optimizing Change requirement delivery for faster time to market and ensuring first time right efficiency and product release
Qualifications and Requirements:
- M.Sc / Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis or a related study.
- 5-7 years of work experience on Pre-paid/Post-Paid/Enterprise/VAS/Mobile-Money Application operations support.
- Experience working in multi-vendor managed service IT operating model.
- Exposure to IT Service Management framework with good vendor management skill.
CX App Support ops SME must:
- Have deep understanding of the Telco IT domain as well as architecture understanding for IT applications in a telecom environment.
- Have expertise in the area of managing Enterprise, Pre-paid, Post-paid, VAS, related applications.
- Be a believer of open source environment.
- Have knowledge on IT Service management framework.
Specific skills and knowledge:
- Structured approach to work, with the ability to plan, and organize larger activities
- Clear in communication, both written and verbal.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.