Media Trust Limited is a publishing company with corporate headquarters based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Media Trust Limited, publishers of Daily Trust and Trust TV, is one of the leading players in the Nigeria Media Industry which reach millions of people through her Print, TV and Digital platforms.
Daily Trust is currently recruiting talented, creative and editorially sound candidates for job vacancies at Media Trust Limited to fill the positions below:
The Social Media Manager leads the Daily Trust and Trust TV social media strategy, reporting directly to the Online editor. The candidate coordinates and supervises the social team to distribute content and engage our readers on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and newer platforms. The ideal candidate will have video editing skills and the ability to produce appealing visual content for different social media platforms, develop and lead the team to execute an effective YouTube strategy
- Supervises the social media team
- Writes and edits social posts and stories from the website.
- Coordinate, evaluate, and manage growth strategies for each platform
- Identify, plan and execute social media and community engagement activities for Daily Trust and Trust TV social platforms
- Create copies for paid and organic social media, banner ads, publicity materials, and e-newsletters to build an audience and drive engagement.
- Develop plans to convert social media followers to loyal audience.
- Set KPIs and track metrics for growth
- Develop plans for sharing and resharing long videos and making them appeal to our readers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Management experience in a newsroom setting
- He/she must possess impeccable writing and copy-editing skills
- The candidate must be able to assign, commission and guide reporters to do good, accurate, unique and unbiased stories.
- Must have the ability and skills to enrich and contextualize news reports.
- He/she must be very meticulous and should be able to identify gaps in news items and ensure same are filed appropriately.
- The candidate must be able to separate the wheat from the chaff; that is, select and publish only quality stories that are of interest to the readers.
We are looking for a candidate who is creative and have the technical skills to assemble recorded raw videos into a finished package suitable for broadcasting. You will also understand the importance of creating platform-specific content, design templates and branding for digital and non-digital content.
- Manage and edit video, sound, graphics to produce a sequence of the material to a f finished product
- creating a ‘rough cut’ of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Edit and create long and short-form videos best suited for the different digital platforms.
- Be able to step up and come up with ideas aiding producers during the editing process.
- Creating content in line with channel’s quality standard.
- Keep up to date with digital trends and fads.
- Create promotional content (video thumbnails, promos, etc).
- Ability to adequately store and access raw footage as required.
- Be able to film and shoot when needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree/HND or work experience in Video Editing/Digital Media/Communication or related sectors.
- At least 3 years of experience in editing.
- Knowledge in editing and different storytelling techniques.
- Advanced skills in using Adobe programs (Premiere, Photoshop After Effects).
- Ability to work effectively and quickly on more than one project at the same time.
iR Job Alert
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to begin their application.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 070624212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.