Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Dangote Group is recruiting for vacant positions. All Interested candidates are advised to go through available positions carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Applications are invited from interested candidates to apply for the job vacancies at Dangote Group. Read the details below carefully:
Table of Contents
Safety Officer, Mines
Participate in implementing the DCP approved occupational safety program in mines, analyzing and administering various components of the safety programs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement approved safety plans and programs in the mines and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
- Support in planning and promoting safety programs in mines and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
- Assist in conducting safety drills at the mines, in line with approved schedule.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions in the mining area and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the mining area to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data essential for effective safety programs.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organizations, and representatives of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc. in Engineering or its equivalent in any science discipline.
- Membership of relevant safety institute e.g., IOSH and ISPON.
- Relevant safety training from recognized safety Professional body such as NEBOSH, OSHA and ISPON.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
Skills & Competencies:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industry.
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to adequately analyze an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
Deputy General Manager, Ops Financial Audit
- To provide leadership to the analysts in the validation of financial statements
- To ensure improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of internal operations of the organisation
- Manage the development and monitor execution of the Financial & Operational Audit Plan
- Ensure team members possess required skills to conduct financial audits
- Ensure that audit procedures are strictly adhered to, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documentation of processes and procedures
- Evaluate financial records and establish risk based audit programs
- Review and validate the financial & operational audit report prepared by the team
- Make recommendations to enhance the internal control system
- Perform and Manage ad hoc or special audit assignments, investigations as instructed by the Group Head of Audit
- Ensure full utilization of Audit tools throughout the audit assignments
- Oversee and manage the work of the financial and operational audit analysts
- Communicate the results, findings and recommendations of audit projects via written reports and face-to-face presentations on a timely basis to the SBU Head of Audit
- Maintain all organisational and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and IIA Code of Ethics.
- Perform peer quality reviews as requested by the Deputy Group Head
- Ensure risk assessment is updated to reflect identified controls that will impact the residual risk score.
- Perform and Manage ad hoc or special audit assignments and investigations
- Identify training needs of direct reports and recommend training courses/programs
- Work with process owners to review management’s response to external audit management letter recommendations; monitor progress on plans to address them and perform follow-up
- Assist in the internal audit engagement planning process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A first degree in Accounting or any related discipline
- A master’s degree in Accounting is or MBA would be an added advantage
- Membership of the following professional bodies is a MUST: Certified Institute of Auditors (CIA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Minimum of 15 years’ Financial and Operational Audit work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a top-tier Audit firm
- Experience across multiple industries/markets e.g. Manufacturing, Energy, Utilities etcetera. International work experience is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.