Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
The Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce promoted and initiated a project to create a private, regional banking institution in West Africa. In 1984, Ecopromotions S.A. was incorporated. Its founding shareholders raised seed capital for feasibility studies and the promotional activities leading to the creation of ETI.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for job vacancies at Ecobank Nigeria.
Table of Contents
Central Compliance Monitoring Officer
- To ensure that controls put in place by management in respect of automated businesses and automated business processes are efficient and effective in achieving set objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A good University Degree with a minimum of 2.2 or HND with a minimum of 2.1 in any discipline.
- Possession of an advanced degree or professional certificate will be considered an advantage.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in Internal Control of a commercial Bank and/or Audit Firm, commercial/retail banking experience, some of which must have been spent performing a similar role in a leading commercial bank.
- Exceptional candidates with a solid track record but fewer years of experience will also be considered
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in any of the Bank’s Automated Analytics monitoring tools
- Analytical and Investigation skills
- Auditing and Accounting skills
- Banking Operations skills
- Policy and Regulation interpretation and implementation.
- Oral and written Communication skills
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Intranet Mailing facility.
Head, Quality Assurance and Compliance Monitoring
The idea candidate should have the following attributes:
- Supervise preparation of Group BRCC, EXCO, MRC and Board Audit and Compliance reports
- Supervise preparation of Regional Control Reports, Monthly Compliance Report and GIC Pack
- Supervise the preparation of monthly proof /Reconciliation and ensure the final report is shared with management.
- Supervise review of Standard Operations Manuals and process documentations bankwide.
- Review collated monthly critical control issues report from Branch, IS Head Office Compliance, Balance Sheet Assurance, and Reconciliation and AML/CFT/CPF unit advise of issues for escalation.
- Supervise monitoring of all regulatory reports in the bank for timely rendition to the regulatory authorities on daily, weekly via Compliance monitoring tracker etc
- Supervise monitoring activities over transactions on Remittances business (MoneyGram, Western Union, Wari and RIA)
- Supervise review of new circulars posted on CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria) website and ensure same is forwarded to Chief Compliance Officer and other Compliance Staff.
- With the Permission of CCO circulate new regulatory circulars and policies
- Supervise updating activities of Rule Book and share details with stakeholders
- Supervise preparation and execution of Compliance activity planning.
- Ensure significant open issues in published compliance reports are uploaded on Control log for proper monitoring
- Ensure reports are issued for completed Compliance/Control activities/tests.
- Ensure timely rendition and good quality of all Compliance activity reports
- Ensure follow up with process owner on all issues reported
- Supervise and review collated reports on cash count exercise /Bank wide stock count, Proof report etc.
- Supervise preparation of monthly Prudential Ratio report and ensure the report is rendered within the approved deadline
- Ensure Periodic review of bank-wide GLs to ascertain the correctness of balances warehoused in the bank GL accounts is carried out
- Supervise preparation and implementation of Compliance Unit Capex budget.
- Supervise preparation and implementation of regulatory and required trainings for Compliance Officers, Board and other staff bankwide.
- Supervise regulatory return rendition for Compliance Training
- Ensure report deadlines are met for the affiliates where impossible to meet deadlines ensure adequate approval for extension is obtained.
- Ensure cordial relationship with auditors as well as ensure that reports requested by auditors are submitted promptly.
- Mentoring Quality Assurance and Monitoring Unit staff
- Supervise the administrative clerk for smooth administration of Compliance office and Process expenses for Compliance Officers bank wide
- Supervise implementation of GIC and Group Compliance work plan and other adhoc requests from GIC and ENG management as may be required.
- Supervise periodic dissemination of Compliance Nugget
- Carry out all other functions as may be required by CCO.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc / HND qualification in any relevant course of study.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: August 16, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.