First Bank of Nigeria is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services company headquartered in Lagos. It is the biggest bank in Nigeria by total deposits and gross earnings.
FBN operates a network of over 750 business locations across Africa, the United Kingdom and representative offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing and Johannesburg set up to capture trade-related business between geographies.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply to fill the Job Vacancies at First Bank of Nigeria (FBN).
Table of Contents
Finance Business Partner
- To conduct competitive bechmarking, environmental scanning and analysis to generate business insight and actionable recommendations for performance improvement in the business areas of oversight.
- To facilitate annual bottom up budgeting exercise and ensure adequate planning in the business areas of oversight.
- To identify and assess MIS issues affecting the business and ensure their correction and conclusinve resolution.
- To support the implementation and maintenance of an effective MIS (Management Information System) reporting process that is accurate and fair in presenitng business performnace.
- To ensure the integrity and completeness of acounts mapped to SBUs under oversight.
- To ensure the correctness of costs allocated and fairness of cost apportioned to SBU.
- To provide adhoc support to the SBU and prepare any reports as required.
- To coordinate all other efforts to enhance performance by the SBU.
- Prepare and analyze the following reports at least monthly and present same to SBUs/SRF at performance review sessions.
- Balance Sheet Review:
- Volume and growth analysis.
- Funding cost analysis (Deposit rates).
- Yield analysis.
- Product Analysis:
- Electronic & other Products Sales & Adoption.
- Non-Interest Income Analysis.
- Cash Transaction Analysis (Identify dumping).
- OPEX Analysis:
- Budget utilization
- Cost allocation vs apportionment
- Cost optimization
- Branch Operations Cost Analysis
- Big Spenders’ Cost Engagement
- Opportunities & Initiatives:
- Cross-sell and collaboration.
- Market & Environmental scanning.
- Strategic initiatives.
- Productivity Analysis.
- Loss-making branches.
- Facilitate the monthly performance review session with SBU/SRF Executives, to discuss the monthly performance report, issues (including cost apportionment, account remapping etc).
- Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly performance position of the SRF/SBU, and facilitate robust performance dialogues with SBUs and SRFs.
- Facilitate performance clinic sessions with under-performing Business Maanagers and Relationship Managers and offer advise and guidance to improve business performance.
- Monitor and analyse income allocated to SBU and ensure the corrrectness and completeness of performance reports, including costs, revenues, volumes and products.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement variance analysis.
- Provide periodic competitive analysis for business unit
- Participate in budgeting exercise to ensure adequate inputs and sensible assumptions by the SBU and budgeting teams
- Drive budget cascade to all Group Heads, Team Leads/ Business Development Managers, Business Managers and Relationship Managers and resolve all issues arising therefrom.
- Indentify and ensure full coverage of all individuals in SBU in scorecard and monthly performacne dashboard preparation.
- Identify and collate appropriate data for scorecard generation.
- Generate and communicate scorecards to all individuals in the SBU and SRF being covered.
- Drive adoption of issue management via the bank’s Helpdesk platform and BPM app as appliacble.
- Monitor staff movement, ensure account re-mapping wihin SBU and correct any errors or irregularities.
- Faciliate the resolution of all account mapping related issues and other inter-SBU disputes relating to ownership, income, value-chain, collaboration, cross-sell.
- Educate BM/RMs on peformance reports, strategic initiative, including new initiatives, dashboards and other reports.
- Assist the Business Partner Leads in resolving conflicts arising from scorecards, MIS, expense control, budget of SRF/SBU’s.
- Facilitate enlightenment/training sessions on scorecards and other performance initiatives.
- Facilitate inter-departmental engagements between SBUs and SRFs as may be required to drive business process efficiency or performance improvement
- Identify and implement process effectiveness and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Develop apps, reports and other tools to enable robust business engagement and administration.
- Maintain the Security of all Information entrusted to the staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Science or Engineering.
- Master’s Degree / Professional certification in Accounting or Finance.
- 10 years’ industry experience and at least 5 years in a MIS, Finance or accounting role.
- Experience in MIS (Management Information System).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, MS access, SQL, etc.
- Experience in Finance or Accounting.
Finance Business Partner Lead
The Business Partner Lead‘s responsibilities are to:
- Maintain an accurate, creditable and reliable MIS (Management Information System) system for the SBU performance reporting and ensure the integrity of account segmentation & ownership
- Monitor and review the SBUs performance against budget, historical trend, and competition, provide appropriate insight to support required action and make recommendations for business improvement
- Deliver all performance reports and analytics required to monitor the BU performance, across channels, products, customers, locations etc.
- Facilitate periodic performance review sessions in the business areas overseen
- Drive and implement budgetary control and cost optimization initiatives
- Support the SBUs in crafting, defending and cascading their budgets and forecasts
- Support the establishment of clear, fair and measurable performance metrics, targets and accountabilities for all functions in the area of oversight
- Facilitate engagements on scorecards and other performance initiatives.
- Deliver periodic individual performance reports using Balanced Scorecard framework and resolve all issues arising from Scorecards, MIS and Budget within the BUs
- Identify and drive processes for efficiency improvement and provide decision support to the Group Executives in the SBUs as may be required from time to time
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by Head, BPM.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A finance professional with minimum 15 years experience, including at least 5 years in a similar managerial role. FCA, CFA or similar professional qualifications will be advantageous.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: January 24, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.