Lafarge Cement (Lafarge Africa Plc) is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
Lafarge serves Nigeria and South Africa with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Job Vacancies at Lafarge Cement Nigeria.
Table of Contents
Mechanical Engineer - Ashaka
Ensures the efficient coordination of all mechanical maintenance related execution activities in any designated area in the plant.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Responsible for the execution of maintenance work carried out on mechanical equipment in the plant with proper feedback to the Sectional Engineer
- Develop /follow working methods in his field: defines procedures and ensures that they are implemented
- Ensures proper planning of work and resources with methods and execution of tasks as assigned in CMMS Or from Mechanical Maintenance Manager and close out same in SAP
- Supervises the missions and objectives of team assigned to him and carries out their performance reviews, responsible for the quality of the work done at site and motivates his personnel
- Ensures respect of safety rules and regulation by the subordinates at work areas
- Review with Planners weekly, monthly and shut down maintenance task according to the production needs.
- Monitor and review /prepare the spare parts list with the planner 2
- Responsible for the availability and management of tools required for daily execution of Task as per departmental tools procedure.
- Participate in critical failure root cause analysis within the plant
- Follows policies in his day-to-day work
- Attends departmental meetings regularly, implement management policies with subordinates, and communicates results to the top mechanical Manager.
- Keeps himself informed of general plant practices so as to ensure “on-call” duty
- Ensure the documentation and filing of all Permits, Assessments and Audit related files for tracking and performance indicators.
Qualifications and Requirements:
List of Direct Reports:
- 3rd party vendors
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders and Relationships:
- Methods department for preparation,
- Planning and generation of work orders
- Third party contractors.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
Educational Background & Experience
- HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years hands-on experience in a process industry.
Specific Work Experience
- Pure and in-depth understanding of mechanics of machines.
- Accuracy in troubleshooting and correction in hydraulic systems.
- Excellent Engineering drawing interpretation.
- Knowledge of various applicable safety standards
- Knowledge of relevant plant equipment and flow
- Knowledge of Critical Path Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Failure Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Welding conventions and operation
- Knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic conventions
Leadership & Behavioural Skills
- Accurate, precise and meticulous
- Credibility and persuasiveness
- Good judge of human character and emotions
- Strong interpersonal relationship
- Disciplined and dogged
- Level Headed and willing to take instructions
- Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Supervisory skills and people management Skills
Mobile Equipment Planner, Mfamosing
Effective maintenance planning, scheduling & inventory control as well as preparing master schedule and workload balance to ensure that manpower is effectively utilized, plan each significant job and determine safety requirements, job steps (execution job plan), blueprints, materials, special equipment needs, and manpower required to perform necessary work.
The Mobile Equipment Planner is responsible to prepare all planned maintenance that have to be carried out by the execution team, service companies or contractors. In that role, the Mobile Equipment Planner will work closely with the Mobile Equipment Inspector and the execution team on the following tasks and responsibilities in order to reinforce the day-to-day job preparation & planning:
- Gather pertinent information needed to plan the work orders in the planning stage of SAP Work Order System, improve the content and quality of information on the work orders and eventually put them in progress after Mobile Equipment Manager validates them.
- Add relevant information to the work orders, as required, to facilitate the comprehension of the execution team.
- Define clearly the scope of work to be performed.
- Establish the preparatory work required prior to scheduled equipment down time.
- Develop a detailed job plan with all the work sequences involved to adequately complete the repairs, as well as equipment downtime and man-hours required.
- Develop a tool list specific to the job to be performed.
- Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact location for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in stock before job scheduling.
- Ensure all technical specifications and special instructions are provided on paper to the Supervisor and craftsmen.
- Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each work order.
- Inform the supervisor/engineer when a job is ready for scheduling.
- Establish and maintain with the supervisors and the stores department, a system for proper storage of pre-works and parts for pending work.
- The incumbent will work with the Storeroom supervisor to update and maintain the equipment parts catalogue, and develop parts catalogues for existing equipment that have none as well as develop equipment tool list for jobs that require such.
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will work with the Storeroom Supervisor to review and update parts min-max.
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will be responsible to improve and maintain the equipment files and history (paper and electronic).
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will ensure timely delivery of spare parts that are placed on order by working with the Purchasing officers and making use of the MFA tracker database program.
- In collaboration with the Purchasing officers & Storeroom Supervisor, the Mobile Equipment Planner will ensure that the inventory and sources of spare parts are consistent with the Lafarge standards, plant equipment reliability and economic constraints. He will also ensure materials and parts conformity upon receipt.
- In order to accomplish the prime objective of the position the Mobile Equipment Planner must be versed with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). The incumbent must have knowledge of the work order tracking system, spare parts catalogue, requisitioning and inventory systems as well as knowledge of the modern software packages available such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Project Scheduler, etc.
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will be utilized to supervise some jobs and contractors during annual plant
Qualifications and Requirements:
List of direct reports:
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Mobile Equipment Inspector, Supervisor, Inventory, Area Manager, Shift Leader, Workshop.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Planning Compliance
Level of education/qualifications normally required:
- University degree in mechanical engineering or a minimum of 1 to 3 years of fieldwork experience in the cement industry.
- Computer literacy is essential Technical / Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of CMMS.
- Good knowledge of RCA methodology and facilitating skills.
- Strong spoken & written communication skill
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent & tight deadlines
- Teamwork – Strong interpersonal ability to establish & maintain effective partnerships and working relationships with people in multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity & respect of diversity
- Judgement – Ability to apply good judgement and decision making skills.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning – Willing to keep abreast of new developments in working environment
Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Problem solving – Strong analytical & problem solving skills & ability to handle a range of management, coordination & technical issues.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.