Polaris Bank is one of the largest banks in Nigeria with more than 350 branches across the country. It also operates in Sierra Leone, Liberia, Angola was established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on September 21, 2018 to offer commercial banking services to the Nigerian public.
Polaris Bank search of passionate, result-oriented candidates willing to work in our plus 300 branches within Nigeria to build a banking career.
Apply now for the job vacancies at Polaris Bank Limited.
We are looking for an Investigating Officer with specialty in the review of claims on excess charges complaints. For this role, you should understand the credit dynamics and the applicable CBN Guide to Bank Charges. You should also be able to create spreadsheets and analyze quantitative data. Skill in Advance Excel, ACL and Active Data would be an added advantage.
Ultimately, you should help us achieve our goals through prompt review and response to customer and regulatory enquiries.
- Conduct detailed interviews and assist other investigators with in-person interviews aimed at obtaining facts.
- Reconciliation of customer’s accounts in relation to excess charges and other claims.
- Write well-structured logical and objective reports.
- Provide testimony in civil and criminal proceedings as needed.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Report on control deficiencies to management and making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value.
- Challenging current processes across the company and identify opportunities for refinement.
- Engaging remediation of identified issues through follow-up.
- Playing an active role in the maintenance and review of policies and procedures, including ensuring they are up to date with all legislation and best practices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Preferred skills and experience/Requirements
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in the investigation of customer’s complaint, especially on credit related issues
- Passion for analytical review and preparation of reports in chronological form.
- Knowledge and experience in advance excel, ACL and/or Active Data.
- A strong understanding of Regulatory Guidelines, Consumer Protection Regulation and CBN Monetary Policies
We are currently sourcing candidates to be recruited as Relationship Managers. They will be engaged in the sales of financial services and products to customers, fostering and maintaining a healthy relationship between the Bank and its existing and prospective customers. Engaging and organizing Marketing campaigns, marketing events, and promotional activities, maximize profits through the development of sales strategies that match consumer requirements as well as promote services, products and ideas. Contributing in the implementation of marketing strategies.
- Liability and Income Generation
- Analysis and Credit Presentation
- Relationship Management
- Understanding and Selling of Bank’s Products and Services
- Achieve growth within the Key performance indicators; liability and risk asset generation, account opening, income generation, and e-banking product offering.
- Evaluate credit worthiness of customers by processing loan applications and documentation
- Monitor active loans and enforce collection and recoveries.
- Ensure the achievement of all budget parameters.
- Develop referral networks and cross-sell products and services.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction through excellent customer engagement and service delivery.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and referrals.
- Ensure resolution of complaints to maximize satisfaction and boost customer service experience.
- Achieve a healthy portfolio and deposit mix.
- Execute marketing strategy and develop marketing campaigns.
- Ensures compliance with all internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
Qualification and Requirement:
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in marketing role in a financial institution.
- Ability to create and distribute marketing strategies and organise campaigns
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Candidates should have strong and effective communication and networking skills.
- Strong writing skills will be essential.
- Solid understanding of marketing techniques and principles as well as market research and statistical data analysis methods.
- Knowledge of MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM, Dynamics, Excel).
- In-depth knowledge of social media and web analytics.
- Exemplary organizational and multitasking skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and commercial awareness.
- Strategic vision and sharp business acumen.
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach.
Risk Management - Credit Analysis
We are looking for candidates who will be responsible for analyzing credit proposals and financials of customers, second level review of credit applications, interface with the business areas with a view to resolve all the observed issues and provide objective lending recommendation to management.
- Development of product programmes for selected businesses/markets in line with the risk appetite of the Bank.
- Development of sectorial reports/industry reviews for the Bank.
- Identifying inherent credit, financial and business risks in credit proposals and instil these into the credit and developing optimal structure for credit facilities.
- Conducts periodic review of the Bank’s credit policy in line with dynamism of the Bank’s operating environment.
- Developing and enforcing the use of an applicable checklist of supporting documents for a credit proposal before consideration.
- Working with IT in ensuring continuous improvement in technology infrastructure, process rejuvenation/revalidation and training of stakeholders in credit creations.
- Paying visits to customer’s factories/offices, suppliers/contractors, employers, collaterals including warehouses etc. to confirm credit information provided in the credit proposals.
- Ensuring that LTP maintains and updates a database of all approved credits bank-wide and render such report on monthly and quarterly basis.
- On an on-going basis, organize credit training for the account officers and relationship managers.
- Ensuring that the credit reporting format (the CPM) is updated in line with changing trend in the bank and in compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Organizing sessions with Credit Compliance, Market Risk, and Legal Department etc. for feedback looping to review credits and examining the accuracy of our credit judgments, obtaining more credit information, revising credit documentation like offer letters, and reviewing the credit process for more efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifying and mitigating legal risks in our business activities and transactions through ensuring proper account opening documentation and maintaining good synergy in credit appraisals and legal documentations (offer letters and other commitments) review with Legal Department.
- Facilitating bank’s level of compliance to know our customers and their businesses (KYC/KYB) as well as participate in implementing processes/controls to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
Qualification and Requirement:
- Excellent numerical and accounting skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong credit risk analysis skill
- Financial analysis and modelling skills
- Strong industry knowledge
- Computing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to details
- Documentation and organizational skills
- Strong ethical behaviour
- Minimum of first degree.
- Second degree and relevant professional qualification may be of advantage (preferably ICAN, ACCA)
Explore More Opportunities
- MTN Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2023
- National Population Commission Recruitment 2022 – NPC Census
- INEC Ad-hoc Staff Recruitment
- GTBank Entry Level Programme 2022
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) Job Recruitment
- African Union (AU) Latest Job Recruitment
- Wema Bank Plc is Recruiting
- Nigerian Army Recruitment for 84 Regular Recruit Intake 2022
- Graduate Job Aptitude Test [Free PDF Download]
Branch Service Manager
We are looking for candidates that will ensure good customer management and increase customer base/ business volume through quality service delivery and sales.
- Reports to: Regional Branch Coordinator
- Supervises: Cash Officer, Head Customer Service and Head, Transaction services
- Ensure effective/efficient implementation of bank-wide policies with respect to branch customer services
- Coordinate activities of the service delivery team
- Ensure adherence of team members to the bank’s service charter, policies and procedures
- Execute sales for all consumer banking products of the Bank
- Promptly resolve customer issues and complaints on customer service related matters
- Oversee and monitor standardization in customer service delivery across the branch especially retail customers to ensure consistency of service delivery bank wide
- Provide feedback to Branch Coordination on the activities and service delivery status in the branch
- Ensure the maintenance of a suitable ambience in the Banking Hall
- Review customer account opening documents for completeness
- Ensure efficient service delivery on customer account management activities – account opening, cheque printing, standing orders, etc
- Maintain safe custody of cheque books, customers’ files and signature cards
- Provide other units/branches with customer related information
- Manage the issuance of customers monthly account statements
- Evaluate the level of customer satisfaction through the conduct of surveys and initiate corrective measures to address issues observed
- Review all processes within the service area and suggest improvement opportunities
- Ensure effective / efficient implementation of bank-wide policies with respect to branch operations
- Ensure proper documentation of all branch transactions and authorise transactions above limits of Transactions Officers and Cash Officer.
- Receive inward clearing box from the Head of Central clearing
- Ensure cheques paid through clearing are properly authorized and covered by sufficient account balances
- Identify overdrawn accounts and liaise with Business Development Manager to approve or reject overdrawn cheques
- Supervise counting of vault cash and verify agreement with cash register
- Ensure adequate float is maintained for all cheques presented for payment through clearing
- Perform end of day balancing to ensure all cash/cheques are posted correctly and appropriate accounts balanced
- Process clearing cheques for onward transmission to Head Office or payment into appropriate customer accounts
- Ensure all remittances, returns and reports due to Regulatory authorities, Government agencies and departments are done promptly and efficiently.
- Prepare regular management reports to the Regional Co-coordinator based on up-to-date financial information on branch position and performance to facilitate management decision making
- Ensure all GLs within the branch are proofed as at when due
- Perform end of day balancing to ensure all transactions are processed correctly and appropriate accounts balanced
- Ensure adequate charging of commission on services (e.g. NITEL, shares, VAT, drafts) and remittance to appropriate quarters
- Verify and process Western Union transactions at the branch
- Supervise activities of operations staff to ensure efficient service delivery
- Monitoring of fixed Assets in the branch
Qualification and Requirement:
- Excellent Customer Account Servicing/ Management skills
- Good knowledge of accounting and banking operations (Domestic & International Operations)
- Excellent customer relationship management
- Sales and Marketing skills
- Knowledge of banking products
- Good negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Good knowledge & understanding of banking operations (Domestic & International Operations)
- Good knowledge of core banking application (Flexcube)
- Good products knowledge
- Process management and documentation skills
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
- University degree. Any additional qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years in Branch Services Operation (Customer Service, Transaction processing and Tellering)
Method of Application
Deadline: December 20, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.