Wema Bank Plc is a commercial bank which offer offers a range of retail and SME banking, corporate banking, treasury, trade services, and financial advisory to its ever-expanding clients.
If you are among those that want to start a Career with Wema Bank Plc. The Bank is currently recruiting candidates to fill in the vacant position.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job vacancies at Wema Bank Plc.
Table of Contents
- Monitoring the performance of the bank against its set strategic objectives and direction, peer review, competitor analysis and Macroeconomic review
- Harmonizing the various profit/cost centers and keeping them in alignment with the overall strategy of the bank.
- Develop and present oral and written reports, presentations, and informal feedback to line management and supervisors on relevant issues.
- Advise line managers on performance, evaluation process and the need to link performance mgt skiII to aid improvement throughout the organization.
- Provides internal advice and support to all levels of the organization on the quality of economic analysis, methodologies, and frameworks on Key issues.
- Conducts analyses of policy proposals with macroeconomic implications.
- Monitors and interprets current economic developments and domestic fiscal and monetary policy.
- Analyzes economic conditions and policy initiatives of major trading partners.
- Makes projections of the economic outlook; and analyses major economic policy developments.
- Ensures best practice in economic development research methods and technologies to develop all products and services.
- Conduct economic analysis relevant to operational and policy issues in the organization
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First Degree from any reputable University.
- 3-5years cognate experience as a Strategy Officer/Analyst (preferably in the Banking
- Knowledge of the bank’s products.
- A sharp eye for detail excellent attention to details
- Exhibit high level of initiative
- Strong people skills
- Data processing/collation skills.
- Manages work effectively.
- Data Analytics and Intelligence skills
- Presentation /communication skills.
- Strategic thinker.
Competitive Salary Package
Environmental, Social & Governance Analyst/Manager
- Coordinating environmental and social initiatives in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Providing guidance to internal teams on sustainability initiatives, risks, and opportunities including ESG due diligence.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring corporate-level Environmental & Social Risk Management (ESRM) systems, which will be implemented in all business areas, across all operational levels.
- Coordinating with teams in all business areas to ensure adherence to the ESRM framework.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with external bodies e.g., DFIs, key sustainability organizations and regulators as well as international communities for increased funding opportunities.
- Maintain awareness of (industry) trends, evolving regulations and infrastructure changes.
- Coordinate cross-departmental engagement with relevant stakeholders within the system to keep them up to date with sustainability and climate-related initiatives.
- Support in driving the sustainability and ESG agenda, objectives, goals, and initiatives in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor the effectiveness of implementing the appropriate Policies, Processes, Procedures, and Guides and provide for their updating in line with changes in regulations and corporate directives.
- Review corporate activities and ensure compliance with E&S Policies, Management Plans, and Procedures.
- Collaborate with various business regions to identify E&S-related compliance & risks.
- Develop the appropriate ESG strategies to deepen the organization’s portfolio alignment for sustainable finance, impact investment, and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct E&S due diligence audits and monitoring on transactions with moderate to high environmental and social risks.
- Develop E&S checklist in line with the extant ESRM policy to guide credit processes.
- Address the E&S risks identified and their potential impact to the organization.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 4-5 years’ experience working in ESG-Compliance and Corporate Sustainability
- Bsc in any related field.
- Knowledge of ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) ratings and indices.
- Knowledge of initiatives such as the Task Force on Climate-Related Disclosures, Sustainable Development Goals and the Value Reporting Foundation, Nigerian Sustainable Banking Principles
- Competence in Stakeholder & Relationship Management.
- Project Management & Problem Solving.
- Communication, Presentation & Organizational Skills.
- Continuous learning and improvement.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.