The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body
The British Council is committed to supporting all staff to make sure their behavior is consistent with this commitment. We create a friendly environment for our staff and high incentive.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Vacancy at British Council
The British Council in Nigeria is implementing the PLANE Kano Accelerated Learning Project (KAL). PLANE is a 7 year, programme funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and represents one window of intervention in a broader package of investment intended to enable a more inclusive and effective basic education system in Nigeria. It seeks to do this through improvements in teaching and learning with a focus on foundational skills; through unlocking governance bottlenecks for better education service delivery; through improvements in the regulation of the nonstate sector and through embedding the use of data and evidence within the education system.
The post holder will manage and ensure financial processes of the Kano Accelerated Learning Programme are implemented in line with corporate and funders requirements using appropriate standards, policies, processes, systems, and procedures; while providing support to the Finance Manager and assistance to programme teams to specifically support the payment and invoicing process as required. manages all financial and commercial aspects of the full cost recovery programme (FCR) in line with corporate and funders requirements using appropriate standards, policies, processes, systems, and procedures. The role will support the end-to-end accounting process across the operation (including month and year end close), client reporting, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a project finance environment
- Experience of working on SAP
- Experience of positive contribution to change
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- High levels of personal effectiveness and the ability to focus on achieving deadlines
- A university degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar discipline
- Experience in comparable role(s) including working on donor funded development projects / programmes.
- Qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA – with at least 4 years post-qualification experience
- Experience of an ERP system
- Experience of working in a Full Cost Recovery (FCR) project
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Computer skills – A good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Vacancy at British Council” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: May 3, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 070624212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.