UAC Foods Limited is a joint venture business between UAC of Nigeria plc. (a leading indigenous conglomerate in Nigeria) and Tiger Brands Limited (A South Africa Leading Food Giant). The Business is committed to quality products and into production of leading brands in the Snacks, Dairies and Beverage Categories.
The Snacks Category consists of: Gala Sausage Roll – The Number one Sausage Roll Brand In Nigeria Funtime Cup Cake – the creamy fluffy cake that is the delight of consumers Funtime Coconut Chips- It made from fresh natural coconut Snaps Puffed Maize.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job vacancy at Mr Biggs – UAC Foods Limited.
Table of Contents
Production Shift Manager
- Ensure continuous monitoring of production processes in the Snacks factory for compliance to Company’s Manufacturing Specifications and in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lead and supervise a team of production staff, including machine operators, technicians, and line workers. Provide guidance, coaching, and training to enhance their skills and ensure a motivated and cohesive workforce.
- Monitor product quality at each stage of production, conducting regular inspections and quality checks to ensure that products meet company standards and specifications.
- Prioritize and enforce workplace safety regulations, fostering a culture of safety awareness among the production team. Conduct regular safety audits and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Collaborate with the Production Planning department to develop and implement production schedules that meet customer demands while optimizing resources and minimizing downtime.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance team to ensure that all production equipment is well-maintained, conducting regular checks and scheduling preventive maintenance as needed.
- Conduct in-house Personnel GMP, facility and environmental audits (Environmental integrity) on the manufacturing plant and premises to identify non-conformances for timely closures to maintain high standards of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Address and resolve any production-related issues that arise during your shift, working proactively to prevent potential disruptions and minimize downtime.
- Generate shift production reports detailing production output, downtime, quality issues, and any other relevant metrics. Communicate these reports to upper management for review and decision-making.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Quality Control, Supply Chain, and Engineering to ensure effective communication and alignment of goals.
- Ensure that good documentation practice is maintained for all process activities monitored.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc. Food Science & Technology, Microbiology, Chemistry or Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of proven experience in a supervisory or managerial role within a food manufacturing/Processing industry.
- Strong understanding of food production processes, quality control, and safety standards.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Proficiency in using production management software (SAP S/4 HANA) and Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email. (Tip: Learn how to write a Professional CV).
Note: Only candidates who meet the specifications will be contacted.
Deadline: August 31, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.