Nestle Nigeria – Is the world’s largest food and beverage company. We have more than 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favorites, and are present in 189 countries worldwide.
We enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future. Driven by our purpose we want to help shape a better world and inspire people to live healthier lives. This is how we contribute to society and ensure our long-term success.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job vacancy at Nestle Foods Plc.
Table of Contents
Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Officer
- Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking to hire a Safety, Health & Environment Officer whose responsibilities include to Inspire and empower excellence in safety, health, and environmental sustainability across the site/unit.
- The SHE Officer will drive implementation of the Site/Unit SH&E OMP through application of the Nestlé S&H Management System (NSMS) and Nestlé Environmental Management System (NEMS). Provide support in development and implementation across the factory on SHE strategy and program to enable staff to realise their SH&E goals and create pride in their achievements.
- Inspire Change: Create a compelling understanding of the Nestlé SH&E values and inspire stakeholders to excel in compliance & continuously improve, leveraging NCE Foundations and Advanced Practices (eg TPM, Lean Value Stream). Promote a behavioral approach to SH&E, based on Nestlé Leadership Framework.
- Implement NSMS & NEMS: Guide implementation of the NSMS, NEMS, and other Group SH&E Standards. Develop and continuously improve site/unit SH&E programmes to deliver compliance and performance improvement. Ensure local S&H management system is certified to OHSAS 18001:2007 (all units) and to ISO14001:2004 (factories, PTCs, DCs).
- Develop SH&E Networks: Develop & coordinate SH&E networks of professionals, champions, and SMEs for the site/unit. Develop their functional and leadership competencies and ensure robust succession plans for key S&H positions.
- Provide Guidance: Ensure managers receive trusted guidance & support on relevant S&H matters. Identify expertise and good practices from inside and outside Nestlé and communicate them internally (both within the site/unit and beyond).
- Provide Support: Co-ordinate internal & external resources to ensure delivery of high quality and efficient S&H support, eg exposure monitoring, health promotion, health surveillance, life cycle assessment, training. Leverage SHE-PM and other tools to monitor & analyse performance and improve decision making.
- Audit & Review: Ensure compliance is regularly audited and performance assessed, and the results used to drive further improvement. Promote effective communication of successes and learnings, and recognition for strong performers and contributors.
- Engagement: Engage with internal stakeholders on SH&E topics.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Project management experience
- Experience in FMCG will be an added advantage
- Experience in working in an operational environment.
- Experience in taking ownership of Safety & Health and drive change through personal leadership.
- Knowledge of analyzing complex problems to identify multiple root causes.
- Ability to Influence behavioral change in a team/department.
- Ability to work in and can lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to translate policies & standards into practical action plans.
- Coach individuals and teams in different environments.
- Good communication & Organizational skills
- Very proactive.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: October 2, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.