Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion, and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies that are leaders in their market.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job vacancy at Oando Nigeria Plc.
Table of Contents
Through effective management of personal portfolio and a team of officers’ ensure provision of efficient Corporate Governance Services to Oando Energy Resources and subsidiaries and associated companies across the various jurisdictions that the company has operations. Holds key responsibility for ensuring compliance by the Board of Directors and Executive Management with the Group Governance Framework and the effective management of internal compliance with all policies and statutory obligations for the Group. Also responsible for maintaining key stakeholder relationships (Regulators, Business Partners and Shareholders) and overseeing and ensuring the timely resolution of all due-diligence enquires.
- Advice and provide guidance to the Chairman, directors and their stakeholders on their powers and duties, in accordance with the Group Governance Framework, Legislation, Listing rules and Corporate Governance Codes and Policies.
- Create, support and enhance a culture of Compliance within the Group by developing and delivering policies and training materials for management, staff, and other key stakeholders.
- Execute and articulate the company’s corporate governance strategy and ensure that it is embedded in all board and business process by developing advising on and reinforcing good corporate governance standards
- Undertake continuous monitoring and reporting on the governance framework and ensure that all staff understand the importance of the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics and adhere to its principles.
- Swiftly address all non-compliance with the Code and Corporate Governance Framework by ensuring timeous investigation making recommendations regarding violations of policies and procedures within the organization, in accordance with the Company’s compliance procedures.
- In conjunction with Risk & Controls team, close identified governance related control gaps through the formulation, review and modification of policies and procedures in keeping with relevant business realities.
- Investigate potential Conflicts of Interest, and ensure that all work practices and business processes comply with internal policies, laws and regulations.
- Provide governance-related advisory on corporate transactions by collaborating with other units to determine the most cost-efficient corporate governance structure, providing due diligence clearance of the transaction and assisting with any post-transaction integration requirements.
- Review and provide comments and advice on agreements and other legal documentation in respect of corporate transactions.
- Manage the preparation of all financial reporting requirements and the convening of all statutory meeting including Annual General Meeting
- Liaise with internal and External auditors to ensure accuracy of applicable national and international regulatory reporting
- Ensure follow-up and closure of all management control issues arising out of the full year audit
- Manage the corporate entity database, and ensure currency and integrity of data maintained in it
- Analyze shareholder base, and develop cost effective communication strategies that will adequately engage them and satisfy regulatory requirements
- Communicate appropriate messages to shareholders based on power, influence and transparency requirements
- Develop, implement and advise on the interpretation and application of relevant laws, regulations and policies to ensure compliance with legal and statutory requirements within the entities and the group.
- Establish and maintain an efficient working relationship with the relevant regulators and local and international good governance organizations to which the company subscribes; be responsible for correspondences and meet all the company’s obligations under these arrangements.
- Create and analyze budgets for projects or operations within area of responsibility.
- Effectively manage a team of Governance Officers in the execution of various duties, to ensure alignment with strategic direction, vision and values for the organization.
- As part of performance management and succession planning, identify the strengths and weakness of the team and develop methods and means for maximizing the input and involvement of team members.
- Carry out all such other tasks as may be assigned by the Head Governance or the Chief Compliance Officer.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Process turnaround as measured against Service levels
- Level of adherence of company to its internal policies and national regulations
- Availability of up-to-date statutory reports and documentation
- Quality of technical advice and service delivery.
- Customer satisfaction levels.
- Adaptability to new ideas, initiatives, and re-prioritization in alignment with emerging corporate direction.
- Accuracy and completeness of statutory records for all entities within the group
- Effectiveness of project management and timely delivery on due –diligence and all other corporate governance requests on corporate transactions.
- Capacity to explain metrics, measurements and scorecards that enable timely feedback on the company’s governance status.
- Ability to analyze complex information and situations, and re-present them in a manner that ensures easy understanding.
- Ability to engage and influence colleagues, senior executives and board members.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A good first degree in Law; BL
- Minimum 7 years PQE gained in a large private company, public limited company or a reputable professional legal firm.
- Sound knowledge and experience of Compliance & Corporate Governance issues.
- Certification as an Ethics & Compliance officer OR a Chartered Secretary will be an added advantageous.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple complex transactions under pressure
- Good team player with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Corporate Law and Securities Regulations in Nigeria
- Oil & Gas Industry History and Dynamics
- Experience of Local & International Statutory and Regulatory bodies governing Companies generally and those operating within the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Desire to effect change with commitment to improvement and innovation
- Client Relationship Skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong commercial and practical approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal & client relational skills
- Financial numeracy, analysis and budgeting
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Legal Drafting and Report Writing Skills
- Interpersonal & Government Relations
- Business performance measurement
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to positively influence the thinking of others to gain commitment and support.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.