PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with a product portfolio including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Our people hold the key to Pepsi’s success. By inspiring, challenging and investing in our employees, we’re making PepsiCo a company where coming to work means more than just having a job. One way we do this is by offering competitive pay and a full range of benefits we call Total Rewards. Total Rewards are designed to help you live healthier and build a secure financial future.
All Interested candidates are advised to go through the vacant position carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
- Provide on-going leadership, governance, monitoring, reconciling and administering of the Tax & Treasury process to achieve all targets set (AOP and other non-financial targets) within the financial control mandate.
- Consolidate and deliver timely, accurate and reliable tax calculations / data including monthly FAS109 disclosures, quarterly and annual tax submissions to the Region
- Preparation of US Tax Data Collection Package for Corporate Tax for SSA Snacks and Beverage legal entities
- Manage all tax returns, tax requests and tax audits from all tax authorities, including SSA countries and SSA Beverages
- Ensure SSABU Tax Returns and coordinate the review by an external audit firm before submissions
- Manage tax risks and exposures arising from existing and new operations for the SSABU
- Review all drafts to legislation, ensuring compliance to the Tax Laws
- Understand, document and communicate potential tax risks including but not limited to uncertain tax positions and provisions under FIN 48 to key stakeholders
- Develop networks and initiate discussions / meetings with external consultants and government departments to obtain insights and alignment on potential savings for the company
- Partner with PepsiCo Corporate Tax and external Tax consultants in relation to emerging Tax laws, identify and implement optimum tax planning arrangements for the SSABU
- Drive productivity through understanding and exploring all potential tax savings available to SSABU including project definition and leadership to deliver Tax savings
- Manage the tax audit for purposes of Annual Financial Statements and ensure accurate presentation and disclosure of taxation in the Annual Financial Statements year on year
- Support AFC Reporting with Tax Treatment for all major CAPEX requests.
- Lead the BU cash flow process
- Co-ordinate and consolidate Cash Flow AOP / Forecast deliverables and timelines
- Ensure monthly cash flow forecasts and presentations are completed and are reviewed by BU leadership
- Ensure all cash flow submissions deadlines to Sector are met
- Forecast weekly / monthly cash requirements to identify and execute weekly / monthly financing and investment decisions
- Support business teams with cash flow project definitions as well as monitoring of implementation of actions to achieve cash flow deliverables
- Manage all the treasury activities and coordinate with corporate treasury to ensure that all submissions are done in compliance with corporate treasury requirements
- Liaise with Corporate Treasury regarding planning and execution of dividend payments to the shareholders
- Manage relationships with banks and serve as point of contact and co-ordination between business teams and banks
- Drive banking projects including upgrades and migrations to ensure business process optimization and productivity is achieved
- Ensure that all company banking platform users have correct access to banking platforms and all queries with the banks are resolved.
- Ensure timely execution of monthly Tax & Treasury deliverables as part BU Financial Reporting process including HFM submissions and required reconciliations
- Review and sign-off other bank account reconciliations owned by other sub functions (e.g. cash collections departments)
- Consolidate and present Tax & Treasury inputs / performance in Balance Sheet Review
- Manage the accounting and recording of financial transactions in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS which have impact on taxation calculations for both US and local statutory submissions
- Provide a Tax & Treasury lenses on the implementation of new accounting policies and advise the relevant stakeholders of changes.
Projects & Ad Hoc Tasks:
- Perform projects and participate in business initiatives as directed by the Control & Reporting Director
- Ad hoc analysis of tax treatment of aspects in line with relevant accounting and PepsiCo Policies
- Lead Tax & Treasury aspects of business initiatives and projects to ensure control and governance deliverables are proactively incorporated and successfully delivered
- Key role player in supporting internal cash flow initiatives as well as Sector wide projects
- Develop and Maintain relevant Tax & Treasury models, check files and presentations.
- Motivate, coach and lead direct report(s) within the Tax & Treasury team to achieve highest standards of excellence
- Responsible for managing and developing the Tax & Treasury team and monitoring performance through regular performance reviewsEnsure effective backup and succession planning.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- CA (SA)
- Knowledge of Income Tax Act, Transfer Pricing, VAT Act and Companies Act
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP regulations
- Knowledge of exchange control regulations
- Knowledge of Operating Cash Flow
- 5 – 8 years to include post articles experience
- People management experience of 3-5 years
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to interact with senior management
- Advanced analytical, organisational and interpersonal skills
- General knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP regulations for tax and financial instruments
- Excellent computer skills
- Interest in process improvements
- Attentive to detail and accuracy Results and deadline driven
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Vacancy at at PepsiCo” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: Not Specified
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: email@example.com