Schneider Electric develops technologies and solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. The Group invests in R&D in order to sustain innovation and differentiation, with a strong commitment to sustainable development.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products.
Apply now for the Job Vacancy at Schneider Electric Nigeria. Available position is listed below.
Table of Contents
As Project Director, you will be fully accountable for the delivery and project management of high-value and strategically important customer projects throughout the region. These projects will cover various industry sectors, including oil and gas, pharmaceutical, power, nuclear, food and beverage, water and utilities, automotive and energy.
Your Role – Magic happens when you bring great people together!
- All project management activities, including project planning, risk management, financial control, and reporting.
- Acting as primary contact with our customers on all aspects of project delivery.
- Communication with project stakeholders at all levels within the customer and Schneider Electric organisations.
- Project team leadership, including coordination of engineering, production, test, product development, purchasing and quality assurance activities.
- Management of sub-suppliers and sub-contractors involved in the execution of the projects.
- Line management responsibilities for any project managers assigned.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced employees.
- Adherence to project governance and cadence policies. This includes updating internal reporting tools and preparing and presenting project status at any internal review.
- Ensure consistency in project execution according to Customer Project Process (CPP) and PMI standards.
- Determine and manage the required resources for the project or programme.
- Negotiating and executing contract variations with the customer in accordance with company policies and standards. Resolution of any contractual issues with support from contract management experts.
- Developing partnerships with key customers and third parties.
- Travel for customer meetings both within the country and abroad as required by the assigned projects. Most international interactions are virtual.
Qualifications and Requirements:
We are looking for an experienced senior project management professional with proven success in delivering large-scale digital solutions to external customers.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, motivation, and determination to succeed in a fast-paced and highly innovative environment.
- Educated at degree level with a minimum of 6 years, typically 8 years of project management experience.
- Minimum B.Sc./ B.Eng. degree in any relevant discipline, e.g. Electrical & Electronics, Control Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Vast experience in a system, software, process automation or application engineering capacity with industry knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of managing and reporting on all financial aspects of assigned projects.
- Able to negotiate contract variations for engineering changes with customers.
- Familiarity with general contractual terms and conditions.
- Conversant with MS Project and all MS Office software products, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of structured project management methodologies such as Prince 2 or PMbok from PMI.
- Proven ability to work in a complex environment and collaborate across multiple business functions to achieve common business objectives.
- Can demonstrate flexibility and resilience in a challenging and fast-moving environment.
- Proven ability to strategically deliver the best results in a digitally transforming environment with agility.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with the motivation and determination required to succeed.
- Ability to understand, influence & convince in a complex and agile matrix organisation.
- Has knowledge and ability to lead in Digital Transformation initiatives and projects.
- Must possess a project management qualification, e.g. Prince 2 qualification or PMP certification.
- Knowledge of process automation business is advantageous.
- The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in ERP systems e.g SAP.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.