Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. Sterling Bank is a full service national commercial bank is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Vacancy at Sterling Bank
Regulatory Compliance Officer (Banking Officer - Senior Banking Officer)
- To ensure that the Bank is complying with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as internal policies, and minimize or mitigate regulatory, reputational, or financial risks etc
- Monitor Bank wide compliance to policies of other regulatory bodies to achieve compliance by the Bank and avoiding regulatory sanction from non-compliance.
- Review and analyze regulatory circulars and policies, letters and exposure drafts, outlining areas of compliance for the Bank.
- Communicate and engage internal stakeholders; to provide information, and feedback on new and existing regulatory circulars / letters / guidelines and exposure drafts.
- Identify and assess risk areas and design internal policies/mitigants that will reduce the likelihood of occurrence/crystallization of the risks.
- Communicate key AML/CFT Policies through compliance newsletters, regulatory trends, and highlights.
- Review and assess exceptions derived from AML and other related regulatory examinations.
- Carry out regulatory examination management, regulatory engagements, and advocacy.
- Develop plan and co-ordinate regulatory directives implementation
- Monitor level of policy implementation within the Bank.
- Communicate status of implementation to Executive Management through line manager.
- Facilitate development of compliance culture through compliance training, planning and implementation.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, and procedures.
- Develop an approved Training Plan for the year.
- Domesticate regulatory policies, which includes Internal Policy review and formulation in line with regulatory requirement.
- Ensure standardized, updated, properly referenced and compartmentalized internal policies.
- Update and monitor the completeness of the Compendium of Policies Portal with departmental policies.
- Ensure timely advisory on compliance enquiries by internal customers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline. Recognized professional certification such as ICA, CAMS, CFE, and ACIB etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Vacancy at Sterling Bank” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: March 29, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: firstname.lastname@example.org