Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-center of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million.
The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services. We are currently recruiting qualified and interested candidates for the position of Business Analyst.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Jobs at Airtel Nigeria
- The prospective role holder will define the optimal topology of the circuit switched core network to meet a premium service level and architecture;
- To evaluate network design and define integrated planning/implementation criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the core network;
- Also would evaluate delivery of CS core projects to designed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to deliver any new functional requirements placed upon the CS Core Network by 2G/3G/LTE access technologies.
- Drive planning and design excellence by providing quality solutions to business requirements at reduced cost/time.
- Plan and facilitate the long term network evolution of CS core network within best industry practices with a side emphasis on improving CAPEX productivity and service offerings for competitive advantage.
- Facilitate the establishment of high levels of reliability and redundancy in the core network.
- Ensure that all CS core nodes (MSS, MGW, TSC, HLR, STP, etc.) are functional as per the business and network requirements including those in the EPC/LTE domain.sa
- Effective lifecycle management of core elements under responsible area.
- Ensure that the project related documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and complies with the contractual vendor requirements.
- On concept of solutions proffered and prior to implementation, documentation in the form of SD, HLD and LLD designs should be prepared to include technical functionality, platform design and platform integration with relevant network elements.
- Ensure proactive network dimensioning and perform adequate expansions to cater for increasing traffic requirements.
- Perform adequate dimensioning, of all MPC/EPC related Nodes – in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Continuously being the loop of the network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from Operations.
- Effective understanding of Operational and Business support systems (OSS/BSS) for performance reporting, Key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring and tuning for effective end to end planning of data services.
- Ensure projects are aligned with the Annual Operating Program (AOP)
- Liaise with partner teams, Airtel HQ and other departments to evaluate progress and seamless delivery of Core network projects and deployment of key networks systems from initial design to full operational handover.
- Derive maximum commercial benefit from CAPEX commitments in terms of injected capacity and services by ensuring all dependent enablers and functionality to deliver optimum services are fully implemented and functioning according to design specification.
- Provide consultation services to relevant business units including Liaison with Marketing and IT for new products and services.
- Hold necessary Kick off meetings with stakeholders where/when required.
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the MS/MC partners deliver the projects to the high quality expected first time right.
- Engage with business teams to understand functional needs/business problems and concerns and come up with possible plans/solutions to address these requirements cost effectively
- Technology assessments and POC trials (RFI/RFP/RFQ). Verification of solutions before roll-out.
- Analyze business requirements and processes before converting ideas to solution design of new services; where required research into new technology and development in Telecommunication industry with regards to Voice and Multimedia services.
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s of Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering.
- Detailed working Telecommunications experience with sound knowledge of mobile network planning and optimization.
- Minimum of 5 years varied experience in planning, implementation, operation and maintenance with a Mobile Telecommunications Network Operator or Vendor
- Vendor experience – HUAWEI, ERICSSON, ALCATEL LUCENT platforms and packet core architectures – Including Charging nodes in data networks.
- Previous O&M understanding is an added advantage.
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
Skills & Competencies:
- Analytical and Presentation skills.
- An excellent understanding of the underlying IP transport networks with applications to converged networks would be of much added benefits.
- Experience of the commercial deployment of a mobile/enhanced core network, which could include design, test and/or deployment.
- Good understanding of Interrelated domains (circuit & packet core, online & offline charging, IN protocols, next generation technologies e.g. IMS) required.
- Also a very good understanding of access network technologies (BSC, RNC) as related to core and the evolution of 3G networks moving towards 4G.
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Good project management knowledge
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Personal tenacity to succeed
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
Lead, Real Estate & Facilities Management
- To establish and maintain a comprehensive and professional Facilities Management System as well as coordinating the day-to-day facilities management operations while ensuring compliance to standards, guidelines & procedures.
- Development and implementation of Company wide strategies and policies on company facilities and utilities.
- Responsibility for the operation and maintenance of all company manned properties including headquarters, regional offices, MSC sites, shops, etc across all departments and functions of the company.
- Preparation and management of departmental annual budgets and input into the longer term financial plans for the company.
- To manage F/RE Opex and Capex budget in line with approved budget to ensure no overspends
- Carry out periodic negotiations of rentals and service charge for all leased locations to ensure competitiveness of rates/prices.
- Building and motivation of a team to deliver world class facilities management
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports
- Ensure growth development of line to ensure smooth succession plan for the department as well achieve career aspirations of team members
- Management of a large contractor universe providing a variety of Facilities Management and related services to the company
- Lead and direct the definition and implementation and review of companywide processes, policies and procedures as it relates to Facilities management
- Coordinate the execution of the department’s work programmes and plans.
- Ensure synergy and collaboration in intra-divisional activities and communication in order to facilitate effective and smooth running of the company
- Contract Development and Administration
- Ensure adherence to inter-divisional/interdepartmental Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure that facility management practices conform to Health, Safety and Environment legislations
- Continually keep abreast of facilities management related best practices to improve the department’s services.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide Monthly Flash and forecast report.
- Monthly updated lease register showing status of all leases and highlighting those up for renewal in line with renewal SLA.
- Expense tracking and accrual reports.
- Produce weekly facilities issue monitoring and resolution report.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor in Engineering / Facilities Management / Estate Management / Social Sciences or appropriate Building industry Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience
- A Postgraduate Degree in Business.
- Must have exposure of Safety, Health & Environment issues.
Skills & Competencies:
- Confident articulate and hardworking team player with a desire to excel and a passion for the work. Possess a passion for service delivery, customer focus and delivering solution.
- High Energy.
- Attention to detail.
- Quality driven.
- Interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Jobs at Airtel Nigeria” should click the button below and start their application.
Deadline: Not Specified
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: firstname.lastname@example.org