Jhpiego Nigeria – We’re one of the most gender-equal organizations in global health, and our staff from country to country reflect the myriad cultural and racial diversity of the populations we serve.
Jhpiego Nigeria is recruiting into the vacant positions. All Interested candidates are advised to go through available positions carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
All Available positions are listed below:
The Admin Officer (AO) reports to the State Team Leader and will be responsible for providing administrative support to the State Office teams. The AO will ensure that administrative processes follow Jhpiego, USAID rules and regulations, other applicable approved procedures at all times. The AO will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficiency of administrative operations and maintaining an on-site administrative system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of admin operations.
- Ensure that administration processes run smoothly to support effective and efficient program implementation.
- Responsible for managing and reporting operational usage of vehicle fleet and other facility equipment
- Provide and ensure that all logistics requirements are available for the smooth running of program activities.
- Set the standard for compliance with USAID and Jhpiego’s regulations and standards.
- Ensure that all shipments received are properly recorded and ensure that appropriate department is informed of the arrival of each shipment.
- Maintain lease and contract management database and ensure that renewals, extensions, termination processes are promptly initiated and completed
- Support office management and facility management process
- Support fleet management process
- Support planning and coordination of business travels for all country office staff
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.SC. in Business Administration, Public Administration, or relevant field
- Professional Certification in Project Management is an added advantage. Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated administrative experience within an international not-for-profit organization.
- Previous experience in a USAID award is highly desired
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills including use of automated fleet management and reporting software.
- Working knowledge of database applications, MS Word, and Excel etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
Jhpiego, through STAR Nigeria, is conducting an implementation research study to assess the feasibility and acceptance of blood and oral fluid Hepatitis C self-test kits in Nasarawa state. Jhpiego is seeking an experience Research Coordinator to oversee this study in Nasarawa for a period of 12 months
The position reports to the STAR Project Director and receives day-to-day technical supervision and other support from the Strategic Information advisor. The Research Coordinator will provide overall coordination of the HCV study; overseeing the ethical implementation of the study, participate in training of data collection staff and coordinates data collection; oversee recruitment of human subjects, as well as to write and edit reports and manuscripts.**
- Collaborate with study personnel in the strategic planning of study implementation.
- Ensure submission for IRB approvals.
- Oversee the recruitment, training and supervision of research assistants.
- Coordinate data collection for the study.
- Oversee accurate data entry into study database.
- Closely track study recruitment and enrollment and keep study PI updated on progress to sample size.
- Ensure compliance with the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Consult with co-investigators on appropriate management of participant problems and concerns.
- Ensure that the study is executed successfully and completed within time frames to meet research objectives.
- Oversee data management including data cleaning and analysis
- Participate in writing and editing of a technical reports and manuscripts for publication or presentation.
- Perform any other programmatic duties related to the study.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demography, Economics, Sociology, public health or any other related social science subject, master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS related research design, implementation and publication
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research models and data analysis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in writing high quality reports to funders and other stakeholders
- Excellent English writing skill
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong planning, time management and project management skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Familiarity with quantitative data storage and analysis systems
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, professional, accountable and proactive
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver to a deadline
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
Explore More Opportunities
- MTN Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Graduate Programme Recruitment 2022
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Internship Programme 2022
- Wema Bank Plc Bankers – In – Training Programme 2022
- African Union is Recruiting
- Indomie Latest Job Recruitment – Dufil Group
- Entry Level, Managerial and Senior Position at Dana Group
- Delta State Government Graduate Job Recruitment
- Graduate Job at US Embassy
- UNICEF Latest Job Recruitment
- READ: HOW TO A GET A JOB IN 2021 (A COMPLETE GUIDE)
Translator (English to Hausa)
Jhpiego, through STAR Nigeria, is conducting an implementation research study to assess the feasibility and acceptance of blood and oral fluid Hepatitis C self-test kits in Nasarawa state. Jhpiego is seeking an experienced Translator (English to Hausa) to oversee translation of study scripts in Nasarawa for a period of 1-2 months.
The translator will provide high-quality translation of all research materials from the original English language to Hausa language in a simple and concise manner while maintaining the original meaning of the English text.
- Read all study materials (instruments, interview guide, transcripts etc.) that has been written in English to understand contextual meaning prior to translation
- Integrate all corrections into the translated materials based on feedbacks
- Ensure quick turnaround of all translated materials while maintaining quality of the contents
- Submit by deadline all relevant materials including translated scripts, glossary of terms (if applicable) etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Three or more years of experience translating English Scripts into Hausa Language
- An education in Hausa language
- Able to read in both English and Hausa languages fluently
- Should preferably be a native Hausa language speaker.
- A good understanding of Nasarawa culture, traditions, and context.
- Experience in translation and interpretation of English phrases, terms and expressions in context (avoiding direct Hausa translations out of context)
Senior RMNCH Technical Advisor
The Senior Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) Technical Advisor will be responsible for providing leadership in strengthening the state health systems including RMNCH quality service delivery for the USAID Integrated Health Project (IHP) Nigeria. The Senior RMNCH Advisor will provide technical leadership and support for the State/LGA primary health care level activities. This integrated health project aims to contribute to reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality in target states, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services. The project will operate over a 5-year period.
- Provide technical lead and expertise on high impact reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCAEH+N) services that is sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of project states (all Task orders) and at the National level as identified.
- Provide advice on the integration of these services into established service delivery systems at different levels of care in the State.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders at the National and State level to apply lessons learned, innovations and quality methods to ensure evidence-based practices are translated to improved implementation of quality-of-care interventions.
- Provide technical leadership to the building of national and local capacity using proven training approaches and quality improvement methodologies.
- Provide trainings (providers and training of trainers) as well as follow-up support and clinical mentoring and coaching as necessary for RMNCH.
- Lead the provision of technical support to States on basic maternal health (MH) continuum of care (including antenatal through postpartum care, FP integration, birth planning and birth preparedness) for their – public and private health facilities State sites.
- Provide technical support to key stakeholders at the national and State level including review of technical documents and provide input to relevant policies and strategies.
- Work closely and collaborate with the IHP Senior Technical Director to prioritize and ensure all Jhpiego deliverables under FP, MNH and quality of care are met.
- Supervise the Integrated Primary Health Care Advisors (IPHC Advisors) in Ebonyi State (TO6) and FCT (TO7) other QISS staff as appropriate under the IHP project.
- Coordinate closely with other development partner programs at the national and state level.
- Contribute to and coordinate with the program’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team on activities to ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with national and donor standards.
- Represent program at national and state level stakeholder meetings and technical working groups in relation to RMNCAEH+N and related technical areas.
- Contribute to annual work planning, training plans, monthly reports, quarterly reports and other required technical reports and success stories.
- Provide technical leadership on the timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results.
- Advocate and ensure quality program implementation consistent with FMOH RMNCH and WHO guidelines and strategic directions, global best practices including advice on relevant latest health developments & publications.
- Coordinate the evaluation of program progress against deliverables on a quarterly basis.
- With the consortium partners, Project lead, SIOs and other program staff, oversee program design, implementation, quality assurance and monitoring of work plan.
- Coordinate with the other members of the technical team and partners to develop and implement feasible national and state-based approaches.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project lead which contribute to the achievement of program goals.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The Senior RMNCH Technical Advisor must be a proven technical leader in the field of international RMNCH with some management experience in public health programs. S/he must be familiar with the reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) community in Nigeria. The Senior RMNCH Technical Advisor must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with donor programs. Additional qualifications include:
- A Medical doctor or Experienced Nurse or Midwife or any other closely related health care professional; specialization in obstetrics and gynecology or Public Health and other health related courses (e.g. PhD, MPH, and MSc in international health, Social sciences or other relevant degree) will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 9-10 years working experience in the areas of RMNCH, Nutrition, and family planning.
- Previous experience working on an international donor funded project will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with the FMOH, SMOH, LGHAs structures and functions especially as it relates to MNCH is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with host-country government officials and policy makers in maternal health.
- Experience working with host-country partners, organizations, and institutions.
- Strong skills in technical issues, design, implementation and monitoring of program components; e.g. services, training, quality improvement, advocacy and coordination.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with African experts and partners in developing technical materials and providing training to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for expanding RMNCH.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities
- Strong ability to multi-task will be highly desirable.
- Fluent in English, (written and oral communication) and any local language.
- Willingness to travel throughout Nigeria as necessary.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Jobs at Jhpiego Nigeria” should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “Job title” as the subject of the email. (Tip: Learn how to write a Professional CV)
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: March 3, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: firstname.lastname@example.org