Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and eduation to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War
Who We Are We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Jobs at Plan International
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate all Knowledge creation, use, sharing and learning efforts across Plan International Nigeria’s programmes in line with International best practices and relevant guidelines and to coordinate the operationalization of effective and appropriate systems and processes for measuring, storing and sharing impact, learning and reporting across the organization
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates widely within Plan International Nigeria, Lake chad region and with local implementing partners.
- Knowledge Management Officer will be responsible for designing and delivering a knowledge infrastructure for the organisation that will allow her/him to develop, capture, store and share best practices from our strategic initiatives as well as other works.
- The post holder will interface and support team leads and members and work closely with the communications and MERL team to establish and maintain processes to ensure knowledge management efforts are shaping strategy and informing decision making.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all stakeholders.
Learning and Knowledge Management:
In collaboration with the Field Teams, M&E Manager, team leads, communication team and sector Specialists, the KM officer will:
- Collaborate with the KM committee and M&E Manager to create a Knowledge management strategy and framework
- Within this framework, work collaboratively with program staff to identify, and prioritize types of knowledge to develop and capture
- In collaboration with the KM committee drive organisations learning agenda to foster development and use of best practices and improve outcomes in programme initiatives
- Help create a culture of sharing this knowledge among staff, partners, community partners and opinion leaders, and peers
- Create collaborative tools to facilitate sharing of ideas that are of use to colleagues, project teams, and other partners
- Provide support to program staff to develop conference presentations to highlight our strategic work and share with the field
- Work with communications unit to determine how to best share knowledge to both internal and external stakeholders/audiences, including print and electronic information
- Work with communications unit to prepare information about Plan Nigeria’s initiatives to share with policymakers
- Work with external evaluators to share evaluation results for external audiences
- Participate in information sharing and education with peer organisations
- Support efforts to identify and develop relationships with non-profit and private sector partners and funders in support of Plan Nigeria’s activities
- Partner closely with Communications units to identify and utilize new communication channels to share Plan Nigeria’s knowledge with different audiences
- Working in partnership with the Communications unit, to establish and coordinate internal and external briefings and convenings to package and distribute relevant organisation knowledge, increase understanding of the Plan Nigeria’s work and build Plan Nigeria’s networks;
- Ensure that regular lessons learnt workshops and learning activities are held
- Shares information within the project teams about research and evaluation findings and lessons learnt in a systematic timely manner.
- Shares information within the teams about different approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt, approaches and good practices.
- Ensure feedback and recommendations from evaluations, community feedback mechanisms are regularly captured and fed into management meeting
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing among programmes teams and supports such processes
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Project/unit heads, sector Specialists, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project teams
- Use infographics to produce information products that are reader friendly (converting research and evaluation reports into infographics).
- Support development of data analytics and dashboard across the country programme
- Support the digital transformation journey of the country programme
- Act as the Programme Digital Catalyst focus person for Plan Nigeria Country Office
- Support the IT unit in the automation of organisational processes
- Regularly update the maintain the project manager software and Plan reporting apps
- Participates in national, regional networks and meeting as requested.
Programme development & Quality Management:
- Development and implementation of a knowledge management strategy and plan
- Ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for programs that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support the Knowledge management component of evaluation/research/survey efforts, to document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances, and present Plan Nigeria’s activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Ensure teams are meeting up with reporting deadlines and reports are reviewed and feedback given to teams
- Management and regularly update of the evaluation tracker and the programme library.
- Use of new social media
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 3 years’ work experience in knowledge management, monitoring and evaluating programs with an organization with a robust M&E component.
- Strong technical skills, including PowerBI or Tableau, Canva or Piktochart, SharePoint, MS Access, MS Excel (Advance Formula, Lookup), SPSS or STATA, and Collaboration Platforms (Miro, Mural)
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse national and international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel nationally
Procurement and Logistics Manager
- The Accelerated Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) project aims to increase the utilization of quality, cost-effective nutrition services for pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls and children under five years in Nigeria. The World Bank-funded programme will be implemented across selected states through community-based nutrition services. In Niger State, there will also be an additional element of the provision of adolescent health services.
- The project will be implemented by Plan International Nigeria in the state in collaboration with the State Ministry of Health, State Primary Health Care Development Agency, local CSO partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- The Procurement and Logistics Manager will be responsible for the overall design and management of an effective procurement process for the basic nutrition package project in one of the states where Plan International will be implementing the ANRiN programme.
Dimensions of the Role
- Provides design input and update to the project team on all procurement through the procurement tracker
- Work with the project team to ensure accurate quantification from fit for purpose procurement plan annually
- Provides guidance and support to the project team in the procurement team
- Management of the effective procurement process, such as PR, PO, Tender/Bid, Contract process
- Responsible for supply chain management of nutrition-related products and birth spacing commodities, supplies and pharmaceuticals
- Management of medical drug logistics in line with the needs of the programme
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to support efficient management of supplies
- Work closely with the state programme team to understand their procurement and logistic needs
- Work with the project lead to ensure forecasted needs are timely and accurate and ensure reconciliation and goods are also moved to beneficiaries
- Monitor, with supervisory visits and documented spot checks, inventory storage and movement records in the warehouse which hold stock for which the project is accountable
- Develop and review the procurement plans for the project, including commodity quantification and distribution plans using correct assumptions and best practices.
- Plan, source (directly or via donor/Plan procurement process) and manage the delivery of all commodities (drugs, medical supplies and equipment
- Support project distribution planning and execution to ensure all stock are received on time at distribution points, and all stock is recorded during the distribution, and reconciled
- Regularly collect, collate and analyse value for money parameters and recommend areas of efficiency gains for Plan International and Donor procurement
- Taking lead on all procurement activities, giving suggestions and innovative practices to the organisation
- Work with the management and project teams to resolve relevant outstanding audit findings to improve overall compliance with organisational and donor policies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences with Training in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- At least 7 years of experience in procurement planning and management in private sector/ international organizations
- Demonstrated experience of efficiently and efficaciously completing procurement of health-sector goods and commodities
- Knowledge and ability to work on ICT tools for inventory management, logistics and supply chain management
- Knowledge of completing procurement in Nigeria or countries affected by fragility, conflict and violence
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English
- Strong credibility and integrity in this domain
- Confirmed experience working on large-scale, consortium led, nutrition/ health programmes in challenging contexts, ideally in Nigeria
- Experience in capacity building of implementing partners
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, local and international staff
- Ability to represent the project to various audiences including senior government officials and donor representatives
- Strong communication skills, including advanced report writing skills
- Nigerian national with the ability to articulate and demonstrate a strong understanding of the contextual challenges faced by communities in Nigeria.
Explore More Opportunities
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is Recruiting
- APPLY: Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Recruitment 2021
- 2021 Nigerian Air Force Direct Short Service Cadets (DSSC) Recruitment
- Lagos State College of Nursing Recruitment Programme
- Oyo State Anti-Corruption Agency Latest Recruitment
- British Council is Recruiting
- Dangote Group is Recruiting
- Internship Program 2021 at Procter and Gamble
- Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc is Recruiting
- READ: HOW TO A GET A JOB IN 2021 (A COMPLETE GUIDE)
Head of Social Development Programme
- Plan International Nigeria aims to respond effectively, rapidly, and at significant scale to the social development needs of children and families in our programme areas in Nigeria. And to this extent the post holder will be responsible for the expansion, quality and effectiveness of the social development programme in Plan Nigeria.
- He/She will oversee the development and implementation of Social development programme plan (including project implementation of different projects with different institutional donor and Plan International National offices) maintain the programme master budget, representing the organisation at various clusters/networks, working groups -external as well as internal (i.e Regional Office, IH, Lake Chad Basin Unit) development actors.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Head of Social Development Programmes is expected to provide strategic leadership in all areas of Social development programming.
- He/she is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of Plan International Nigeria’s social development programmes of Nigeria.
- He/she lead and manages the social development team ensuring quality programming in line with Plan International programme quality standards, reporting and knowledge management in the Social development programme. He/she reports to the Director or Programme Quality and Innovation.
Assessment, Programme Design and Planning:
- Provide leadership and strategic oversight to the social development unit, serving as Plan international representative in relevant social development forums in the wider organization and externally
- Responsible for guiding, strengthening and supporting Plan Nigeria’s capacity and expertise in social development programming across all sectors.
- Coordinate the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed development response programme and strategy.
- Ensure the Director programme quality and innovation is kept informed about assessment progress, implementation and strategies, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments
- In collaboration with the Business Development Team at the Country Office, identify funding opportunities with National Offices and lead proposal development with the Technical Specialists.
- Pro-actively network and build external relations, lead fund raising efforts and build up a portfolio of grants to finance single and multiyear projects in close coordination with the Business Development Unit.
- Lead in the development and design of all external Social development programme proposals, budgets and reports, and ensure they are completed to the highest possible standard.
- Contribute to the nexus approach implementation in Plan International Nigeria programming on close collaboration with the Emergency Response Manager.
Programme Management and Implementation:
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting and acquittal of programme activities in accordance with Plan’s global programme strategy, policies and protocols.
- Strengthen linkages across all project units to ensure a strong, coherent program approach and encourage learnings across projects in the social development programme unit
- Regularly keep National Offices informed of program progress and key programmatic issues
- Ensure that an overall monitoring and evaluation framework is regularly updated
- Support the conduct of research and other empirical evidence gathering at the field approved by Management.
- Design/update monitoring and supportive supervision tools and other relevant documents. This will include applying Results Based Management monitoring and reporting methods, analysing baseline and end line surveys and monitoring data
General Management and Leadership:
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGOs, host government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders.
- Attend relevant inter-agency coordination and working groups/Network meetings.
- Conduct performance appraisals of the social development programme staff as required, ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance.
- Undertake field monitoring visits to project sites on at least a quarterly basis
- Represent Plan Nigeria in project Steering Committee meetings
Policy, Research and Networking:
- Ensure representation of Plan Nigeria at the national level and contribute to the visibility of Plans’ work in relevant forums and networks in Nigeria
- Establish/maintain strong working relationship with USAID, DfiD, World Bank, Global Affairs Canada and other donors in Nigeria
- Ensure quality technical input into research documents and publications
- Lead development of communications for use in conferences, symposia and relevant events in Nigeria, including abstracts for relevant conferences
- Develop and/or support partnerships and cooperation with other organizations in Nigeria on development programming and policies
- Contribute to formulation of research initiatives in health highlighting maternal and child health/Adolescent Sexual Reproductive health, Education, Livelihood, Protection and nutrition issues and innovations in Nigeria
- Keep up to date with professional knowledge on strengthening the rights of children and adolescent girls
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years social development programme experience in similar context
- High level of all aspects of leadership and managerial experience, including managing large, complex donor projects, especially health and education.
- Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult circumstances.
- The highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigeria’s socio-economic and political environment
- Strong understanding of the Social development needs in Nigeria
- Strong national network and capacity to influence programme direction.
- Experience in producing proposals and reports for a variety of donors
- Strong understanding of the nexus approach to programme delivery
- Demonstrable understanding and experience on gender issues and their relevance to development and humanitarian response work
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Jobs at Plan International” should click the button below to apply.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted