The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body
We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at British Council
Department: Business Delivery
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Pay band: 1K
- The Driver will be responsible for providing safe, secure and efficient transportation of personnel and resources.
- The Driver will also be responsible for taking proper care of vehicles in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
- The successful candidate will support in the provision of secure transportation of personnel and resources for British Council in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- SSCE Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a driver with an international corporate or NGO
- Valid Nigerian driving license
- In depth knowledge of designated locations in Abuja and thorough knowledge or road signs
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Basic IT skills including word and excel
- Advanced driving skills
- Experience operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Participation in previous defensive driver training
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- A driving test will be part of the recruitment process before candidate can commence in the role.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Naira 2,005,833 per annum
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job at British Council” should click the APPLY HERE button below.