Guaranty Trust Bank plc is a foremost Nigerian financial institution with vast business outlays spanning Anglophone West Africa and the United Kingdom.
The Bank presently has an Asset Base of over 2 Trillion Naira, shareholders funds of over 200 Billion Naira and employs over 10,000 people in Nigeria, Cote dIvoire, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and the United Kingdom.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest job at Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO).
- Provision of a comprehensive view of the organization’s financial position and strategy to aid informed decision-making by management. This includes the provision of financial plans, systems, strategies, and efficient business advice beneficial to the organization.
- Plan and execute the overall structure and operations of the company’s financial resources which will involve forecasting the necessary capital expenditures and developing effective action plans.
- Supervision of the planning, budgeting, and control of the organization’s financial expenditure including the approval and proper implementation of the company’s budget.
- Prepare, present, and communicate the financial performance of the organization to management in order to support business development.
- Analyze the company’s financial performance and its financial management systems, processes, cost structure and positions, make appropriate cost-effective recommendations to management and develop effective corrective actions where necessary
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting and control requirements, and coordinate periodic financial reporting to the executive management team, Board, and regulatory authorities
- Co-ordinate accurate and reliable fund valuation of all Funds Under Management in line with IFRS
- Provide efficient tax management and administration services for the organization’s benefit.
- Ensures adequate compliance with internal controls and PENCOM guidelines concerning the financial structure and business of the company.
- Oversee due diligence and analysis of financial opportunities and markets as well as leveraging relationships built within the finance industry.
- Analyze economic, financial, and market trends and identify the recommendations to address such issues.
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risk.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, accounting, economics, business administration or related field
- Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA)
- Master’s degree and/or MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of which 8 years have been in financial services (preferably a PFA) and 5 years in senior management
- Developing Budgets and forecasting
- Knowledge of IFRS and Nigerian tax laws
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment.
Attribute for success in the role
- Knowledge of actuarial concepts and how they apply to pension funding and asset allocation decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of statistical concepts, methods, and models, and their application to finance.
- Ability to study financial markets and effectively predict trends beneficial to the organisation.
- Effectively break down complex data & analysis for non-technical audience.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles including corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Ability to promote process improvement
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: September 1, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.