Lafarge Cement (Lafarge Africa Plc) is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
Lafarge serves Nigeria and South Africa with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest job at Lafarge Cement.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Lagos
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
The role is responsible for managing inventory processes and ensure smoothe running of operations, with minimal disruptions.
- Warehouse installations, storage, organization, safety: Determine and plan the necessary inspection of installations, buildings, warehouse furniture and equipment to assure an adequate area for goods storage. Assure that items are adequately protected to guaranty long lifetime and stored in a clean, accessible, well organized and identified place. Apply safety measures to avoid incidents of personnel and equipment
- Coding and description of articles: Generation of the right article identification based on the corporate equipment and spares coding system, local language description and original equipment manufacturer language description for purchasing purposes
- Definition of amount of articles strategy and inventory, critical spares: Define together with the good owner the right min and max stock, and the purchasing strategy. Keep always available and updated the information of critical spares
- Reception and delivery of goods: Assure the inspection of all goods and coordinate the inspection with the good owner case needed, clear identification, coding and transporting to the right place in the warehouse. Looks for a fast delivery as well as for a strong support on preparation of all goods needed for a shut-down or major repair in the right place at the right time
- Ensure adequate compromise between the Material Availability, its impact on Plant Operation and on Optimum Stock Level, meaning lowest sustainable Net Working Capital, at plant / OpCo / Region level.
- The main function of Material Requirements Planning is to supervise stocks to ensure material availability, that is, to procure the requirement quantities for inhouse activities. Purchasing proposals are automatically created in SAP for the Purchasing and Manufacturing departments. This target is achieved by using various materials planning methods which each cover different procedures.
Management – Planning & Cost Control
- Inventory control and reporting, planning: Plan and execute inventory audits (on quantity and cost) with frequency according to materials criticality inform his superior and make related adjustments, investigate reasons of differences and take actions/make suggestions to avoid repetitive errors. Plan and follow-up request & purchasing process to assure the 2 on time availability of the equipment, tools, spares, materials according pre-defined Stock Classification. Supports actively the major shut-downs and major repairs. Inform on weekly basis goods not used as scheduled.
- Develop and motivate the team, ensuring competencies and skills development according to technical innovations, plant or personal needs. Coach the warehouse team on specific warehouse knowledge and technics.
H&S and Environment
- Guarantee compliance with H&S, environment, local and corporate legal policies
- Contribute to NWC optimization by identifying critical parts (based on risk assessment and implementation of preventive maintenance routines on critical equipment) and establishing optimal stock levels of spare part
Innovation and continuous improvement
- Consider new techniques and/or technologies to optimize warehouse cost and improve the condition and logistic of goods
- Warehouse installations/buildings, the equipment, storage, organization, safety of goods and personnel
- Coding and description of articles
- Definition of amount of articles strategy and inventory, critical spares strategy
- Inventory (value and articles) control and reporting, material requirement planning
- Reception and delivery of goods
- Department skill matrix and people development
List of Direct Reports:
- Warehouse Operative (Physical Store, Bags, Fuel and Explosive)
- Warehouse Clerk Goods issues (Maintenance Spares, Consumables & VMI)
- Warehouse Clerk Goods receiving Bags Explosive, Iron Ore, Fuel, MTCE Spares and consumable
- Warehouse Clerk (Items Requisition) Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- The incumbent interacts regularly with all cadres of staff.
- He/she also interacts regularly with end users
- All other departments
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Spare parts inventory value
- Inventory adjustments (value)
- Cost of carrying inventory
- Inventory accuracy
- Goods not delivered
- Inventory Turnover
- Inventory Rotation
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSC/HND in Engineering or Business management
- Not less than 3 year experience in similar role
- Knowledge of ERP (SAP)
- Experience conducting tracking and data analysis
- Microsoft Office, SAP MM
Technical/ Functional Skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, word, powerpoint and google applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- SAP Material Management Module
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Motivated
Leadership and Managerial abilities:
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Able to coach and direct a diverse team
- Organization, problem solving, good communication
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.