The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria.
The University comprises the central campus, the student residential area, the staff quarters and a Teaching and Research Farm.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position at Obafemi Awolowo University.
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head / Chief Executive of the institution. He / She is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility of the execution of government policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidates must be Medical Practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria not less than twelve (12) years post qualification;
- Candidates must be Fellows of either the Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registrable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must be Fellows duly acquired and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Candidates must be medically fit;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
- Evidence of Medical Researches is an added advantage;
- Administrative qualification and experience are an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is an added advantage.
Condition of Service
- These are as obtainable in the Federal Public Service of Nigeria and as provided for in Decree No.10 of 1985 now ACT 463 Cap U15 of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
Salary and Allowances
Salary and Allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of officer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope addressed and sent to:
The Director of Administration,
Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex,
lle-Ife, Osun State.
Deadline: June 2, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 070624212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.