PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse.
The PwC Professional focuses on five attributes: Whole leadership, Business acumen, Technical capabilities, Global acumen, and Relationships.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the available job at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). See position below:
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities
- As a member of the Actuarial practice within CMAAS, you will help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment.
- PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world’s most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues.
- We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements.
- For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
- Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize.
- As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
- PwC’s Actuary practice advises our clients in moments of exceptional change around deals and accounting change helping them shape strategy and transformation.
- We advise our clients across the deal spectrum to capture value.
- We employs a team based structure to tackle clients’ needs with a solution oriented approach to creatively address complex financial reporting problems.
- We work on high profile transactions with significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors.
- We have a coaching environment with both formal and informal systems in place as well as continuous on the job training to ensure industry leading personal and professional development.
Our main areas of focus within the Actuarial markets team include:
- Assignments in pricing and product development
- Risk and capital modelling/optimization
- Valuation of liabilities under IFRS/BEGAAP/Solvency II
- MCEV calculations and review
- Acting as the actuarial function
- Developing and optimizing reinsurance mechanisms
- Predictive modelling and visualization
- Valuation and advice related to pension and employee benefits matters
- Assisting in due diligence with respect to actuarial aspects
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science or other related business field of study
- Participate as an individual contributor and a team member with senior actuarial practitioners & other professionals (e.g. bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex financial reporting and regulatory matters related to deals & other transformational events on a daily basis in areas of focus listed above.
- This includes demonstrating an extensive knowledge of and/or a proven record of success in the following areas.
- Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies & private equity firms on a broad range of financial reporting, & capital markets topics
- Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with managing teams in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Applying extensive know-how of technical requirements for listing locally in Nigeria (bonds and equity) and cross-border such as the JSE, LSE, and NYSE.
- Reinforcing firm compliance requirements and applying to client engagements
- Continuously deepening and broadening business know-how – how it is changing and why this matters in order to articulate a relevant point of view
- Developing and sharing a point of view on strategic business issues and trends, anticipating the impact of technology developments on client needs, and surfacing relevant behavioral patterns as potential trends
- Integrating frameworks and models into an analytical approach to develop insight into organizations
- Coaching team members on problem-solving techniques and guiding them to use more sophisticated tools and frameworks
- Modelling and encouraging team members to learn about cultures that differ from their own
- Articulating a perspective on relevant global trends and how they impact client challenges
- Applying global industry-leading practices, global economic perspectives, and local territory cultural nuances to shape solutions and recommendations
- Motivating others, helping them to understand and visualize goals
- Helping others plan their development
- Displaying respect and fairness when managing others, bringing conflict into the open to enhance the quality of decisions and team effectiveness
- Evaluating the performance of team members on the basis of merit and skill, addressing performance issues in-the-moment
- Building and sustaining relationships to create exceptional client and people experience
- Helping team members determine the impact of their communication styles on others and coach their abilities to collaborate with and respond to clients and individuals
- Targeting and expanding a network of internal and external relationships
- Demonstrating integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients
- Creating an environment that encourages improvement, innovation, and inclusion, and challenges traditional approaches
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: January 26, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.