The British High Commission (BHC) creates international opportunities for the people and builds trust between them worldwide.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest job at the British High Commission of Nigeria.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Lagos
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
- The main function of this post is to manage the Joint Border Task Force Project and provide administrative support to Home Office International Operations officers and managers who have overall responsibility for the Joint Border Task Force, based in the Deputy British High Commission in Lagos.
- To manage project delivery. This is a desk and public-facing role and is key to the continued successful operations of this high volume, fast-paced service.
- The role will be specifically to maintain and update the administrative records, manage a monthly budget of N1.5M and spreadsheets and other ancillary duties in support of Home Office International Operations Joint Border Task Force project team.
- Assist relationship management through performance monitoring, dealing with internal correspondence, daily procurement management and undertaking monthly budget analysis. Stakeholder engagement at the Joint Border Task Force and the International Airport in Lagos.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide business support to Home Office International Operations Joint Border Task Force project team, as directed by a HOIO manager
- Support the HOIO JBTF Project Lead and HOIO Regional Manager
- Operational management of the Joint Border Task Force, ensuring the NDLEA team is sufficiently resourced, and work is prioritised effectively to meet programme delivery
- Capturing and reporting project delivery to inform management and drive decision making.
- Continually driving improvements to the service, reviewing and challenging working practises to ensure the NDLEA team operate as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Building strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, such as FCDO, procurement, NDLEA, and external stakeholders
- Line manage 2 HOIO drivers, monitoring their performance, supporting their development through constructive feedback and coaching, ensuring their performance appraisals are completed to schedule and supporting their workplace wellbeing.
- Maintaining records of NDLEA training, polygraphing records and asset management
- Maintain and update accurate financial records in support of HOIO JBTF and FCO budget management and procurement processes.
- Maintenance and accurate recording of monthly/annual budgets
- Management of maintenance of HOIO funded NDLEA vehicles, insurance and monthly checks/repairs
- Procurement of all consumables for the JBTF project
- Co-ordinate and deliver effective administrative to HOIO JBTF Project Team. Include booking flights and accommodation and providing logistical support to training events, workshops and conferences.
- Arrange and assist HOIO JBTF Project lead in arranging and delivering of training to NDLEA
- Direct liaison with key stakeholder NDLEA and external stakeholders
- Preparing official letters, recording meetings and arranging calls.
- Office and asset management
- Manage key stakeholder relationships
- Establish and work closely with other HOIO project officers across the region.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly and accurately input data and have a good knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Good attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Experience in Finance and administrative work in a similar environment
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office software
- Good analytical and team-working skills
- Ability to multi-task and support multi-faceted teams in a shared environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders, verbally and in writing
- Precision in implementing tasks, meticulous attention to detail.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Familiar with Firecrest, Echo, FCO and HOIO systems.
- Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together.
Salary: USD 1,827.80
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should apply by clicking on the BUTTON below.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
Deadline: January 30, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.