IITA (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture) is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farmland by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest job at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA.
Table of Contents
- WorldFish is an international, non-profit research and innovation organization reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty across Africa, Asia, and the Pacific.
- For over 45 years, our work on sustainable aquaculture and fisheries has improved the lives of millions of women, men, and youth.
- Fish and other aquatic foods grown in and harvested from oceans, lakes, rivers, and ponds provide income for more than 800 million people and provide 3.3 billion with 20% of their animal protein intake. Our focus on sustainability makes sure that the way we produce and use these foods today means a plentiful future for generations to come.
Writing and Editing:
- Develop blogs, briefs, success stories, and outcome stories for FASA and other in-country projects and in the region based on the communication planned activities.
- Develop briefs, banners, brochures, and factsheets as per WorldFish templates.
- Contribute to FASA project presentations, editing of reports and deliverables as needed.
Photos, Videos, and Graphics for FASA and other WorldFish Projects:
- Develop photo stories and produce short promotional videos in consultation with the Communications team at Headquarters.
- Develop photo assets for FASA and other projects and update respective albums on Flickr account.
- Provide photography and videography for field activities and events to post on the social media channels of WorldFish.
Social Media, Media Relations, and Events for FASA and other WorldFish Projects:
- Develop social media messages/visuals for communicating key moments and opportunities (e.g. key findings, relevant endorsements, success stories, milestones, local impact, end of project, etc.).
- Coordinate media relations activities and pitch WorldFish for media coverage in the region.
- Coordinate participation at events, such as FARA and AGRF, etc., in collaboration with the Communication team at Headquarters.
Project Implementation and Routine Support:
- Contribute to the preparation and conduct of project events such as workshops, conferences, seminars and exhibitions at trade fair, as well as briefings and trips to the field or project site by FASA official and/or WorldFish.
- Regularly attend the monthly meetings of the WorldFish Communications Network to ensure coordination with HQ and other country offices on global communication campaigns, strategic events, and new communication policies.
- Perform other related duties relevant to the role as assigned by the Project Leader, Supervisor, or Global Communications Lead.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters in Journalism, Public Relations, Media and Communication or any other related field with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in the area of communications, media and public relations with a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent writing and editing skills and proven ability to write for different products, formats, and channels.
- Have ability to think clearly and analytically, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, solving problems and making timely decisions.
- Have strong oral communications and organizational skills
- Have savvy use of social medial channels, i.e., Twitter and Facebook.
- Have native-level language proficiency in English.
- Have ability to use project materials to draft activity concepts, reports and publications.
- Have relevant work experience in sustainable development, preferably in agriculture, aquaculture, fisheries or rural development with proven experience in project implementation, monitoring and coordination.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have ability to develop a work plan, implement it and to work with minimum supervision.
- Be client focused and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have ability to work with deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Be hard working with a good work ethic.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: August 4, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.