U.S. Consulate General – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the region.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at the U.S. Consulate General
Table of Contents
Announcement Number: Lagos-2020-045
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series/Grade: LE – 1310 2
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-2
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FP is CC. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C. All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Basic Function of the Position – The incumbent is assigned to the Facility Management (FAC) as a Gardener to perform gardening work on the Consulate General (Consulate) Compound and all USG leased/owned properties.
- /he is responsible for weeding, planting, pruning and watering, as well as the general maintenance and appearance of grounds and gardens at all of the USG compounds. Incumbent reports directly to the Gardening Supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Minimum of two years of gardening maintenance experience is required.
- Job Knowledge: Understanding the concept of gardening maintenance and equipment, as well as understanding of Nigeria horticulture environment is required.
- Education Requirements: Completion of Primary School is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Limited knowledge (Speaking/reading/writing) of English language is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lift, handle and carry heavy loads up to 23kg is required. Must be able to use a wide range of gardening equipment and powered hand tools. Incumbent Must be able to conform to established safety and health policy and procedures and report unsafe or hazardous conditions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- NGN N2,469,550
- USD $21,974
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job at the U.S. Consulate General” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
Deadline: October 7, 2020
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.
Share your story with us: SMS: +2347064212243, WhatsApp: +2349014058640, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org