United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEF offers a range of challenging and exciting opportunities across its key functional areas of work. We offer an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Job Vacancy at UNICEF.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA – PhD
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Abuja
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
- The Aim of the United Nations to undertake the independent evaluation of DAO is to demonstrate the Quality and Value or the Merit of ONE UN/Delivery As One in targeted states in making differences for states institutions, communities, families, and children & women for: i) Learning of successful innovative approaches to improve future operational joint UN program delivery and to influence States and National Policies and ii) for Accountability to Communities, States, Govt and Development Partners.
How can you make a difference?:
- To assess the status and relevance of the DaO programme implementation modality in focus States, with an emphasis on how it addressed the strategic vision of the UNDAF/P, as well as the development aspirations of the states and Nigeria.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the DaO programme implementation modality in the focus States in achieving expected results (outcomes and outputs) committed within the results frameworks of the joint annual work plans, and how they contribute to the outputs and outcomes of the UNDAF/P, including meeting the expectations of men, women, boys and girls and other vulnerable groups including people with disabilities (PWDs).
- To assess the Value For Money – the efficiency of the budgeting and funding of the DaO States (financial and human resources including time and in-kind support), about the envelope of the participating UN agencies, including its cost-effectiveness stemming from the complementary role of the UN, government and partners.
- Provide an independent appraisal of the DaO programme implementation modality in the focus States within the scope of work to highlight the coherence of the coordination and partnership mechanisms employed to deliver as one UN, against initial UN commitments and expected results as agreed within the DaO work plans and the outcomes (and outputs) of the UNDAF/P including joint UN Humanitarian Actions.
- To evaluate and document the contribution of the DaO programme implementation modality in the focus States to UN reform and its significant contribution to addressing the development aspirations of the states, and consequently, Nigeria;
- To identify key success factors, good practices, innovative approaches and setbacks to draw lessons;
- Propose strategic recommendations for evidence-based programing to support future DaO programme design, implementations and/or expansion to other states
- This document should present the plans and methods the evaluation team would employ to conduct the evaluation.
- It details their understanding of the evaluation purpose, objectives, questions, and scope and should be a 15-20-page document.
- The report should also further refine the overall evaluation scope, approach, design, and timeframe and provide a detailed outline of the evaluation methodology which is to be delivered 10 days after the start of the assignment.
Progress Report / Presentation:
- A presentation of the preliminary findings to ESC/RCO/PMT and agencies in the DaO states after the completion of the field phase (the briefing periodicity to be determined in the Inception Report)
Comprehensive Final Evaluation Report:
- This should be a 40-60page document without annexes, and the Executive Summary of the report should not exceed four pages.
- The template of the report to be provided by ESC, in line with UNEG standards.
Final Presentation and Submissions:
- The evaluation team will make a final presentation of the main findings, conclusions, and recommendations to the PMT/ESC/RCO for dissemination and debriefing purposes. The submission of the Inception Report, Final Evaluation Report, and Management Report should be in electronic copy. Reports should be of high quality, presented in Times New Roman Text, font size 12 and have the following attributes:
- Concision: Report should cover the required material without being irrelevant and unwieldy.
- Readability: Report should be written in English, jargon-free, simple, clear, and reader-friendly.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
To qualify as an advocate for every child, you will have:
Qualifications of the Team Leader:
- The team leader should have an Advanced University Degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Public Administration, Development Studies, Public Health, Business Management, Economics, International Relations / Law or another relevant field, with at least 10 years of proven experience in leading development and humanitarian evaluations, especially in the area of Governance, Human Rights, Economic Growth, Basic Social Services, Health and WASH, Peace and Security.
- Having conducted positively rated evaluations against the UNEG Standards for any UN Agency or country will be considered an asset for the team leader.
- The team leader to be recruited should, furthermore, have a strong development background with a solid understanding of the humanitarian aspects and of the humanitarian development nexus.
- The team leader is also required to have sound expertise in UN strategic planning processes (UNSDPF) and the DaO programmatic implementation, including familiarity with key concepts/approaches such as Result Based Management (RBM), Huma Rights Based Approach (HRBA), gender equality, leave no one behind (LNOB) and UN reform process
- S/he should have previous evaluation experience in Nigeria.
Qualifications of Technical Expert / Team Member:
- The technical expert / team member should have an Advanced University Degree (Masters or PhD) in Public Health, Social Sciences, Education, Development Studies, Economics, Business Management, or other relevant fields.
- S/he should be sufficiently conversant with Nigeria’s development and humanitarian context, especially the socio-political and institutional context, with at least 5 years’ experience in conducting evaluations and analyzing quantitative data.
- S/he should demonstrate a sound knowledge of UN’s mandate and experience of partnering with the Government of Nigeria and show proven experience in governance processes, policy analysis and implementation in Nigeria.
- Having conducted evaluations with UN agencies and adhering to the UN Evaluation Group is an asset.
- S/he should demonstrate the ability to effectively translate data collection tools and conduct interviews in local communities and in the local language of the geographic area if required. S/he should have proven experience in planning, managing risks, monitoring and evaluation processes based on RBM, HRBA, LNOB, and gender mainstreaming.
- Candidates who served as implementing partners or are still implementing the UNSDPF programmes will be automatically excluded from the bidding process.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS).
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below
Deadline: May 17, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.