United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York
From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at United Bank for Africa (UBA)
Interested in joining the UBA Tribe? We are currently sourcing individuals with at least 2 years experience in Banking. Our ideal candidates should also demonstrate;
- Basic banking operations, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Product Deployment Processes including regulatory requirements
- Good Digital Banking and Payments product knowledge
- Wide knowledge of Market Practices and Transaction Banking dynamics across the geographies under coverage
- Good understanding of emerging Financial technology trends and use cases
- Deep understanding of the Technology Stack that drives Channels Business.
Develop and expand the transaction banking business for United Bank for Africa. Increase revenue from a broad client base of UBA Nigeria and ROA by delivering a suite of Channel products and services. These include:
- Internet Banking
- Instant Bills
- Trade Portal
Duties & Responsibilities
- Channel roll out across Nigeria and ROA markets.
- Drive prioritization of new development / client specific asks.
- Drive and monitor Channel performance by tracking Channel P&L, electronic conversion/ penetration, utilisation and cross sell
- Actively promote strategic ERP integration (SAP, Oracle & SWIFTnet) to drive client stickiness
- Drive and Monitor channel utilization (e-ratio), penetration and reduce dormancy for the respective markets
- Identify opportunities to develop channel functionality of value add to clients – including requirement gathering, business case creation, prioritization, execution & commercialization
- Manage channel releases and commercialization via reviewing of functional specification, support and participation in testing and conduct training
- Joint responsibility with Sales for developing, improving and leveraging senior client contacts within key local accounts with a primary focus on Transaction Banking products with a view to expand cross-sell
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First Degree in any relevant course of study with a minimum qualification of Second Class Lower.
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strategic thinking
- Communication skills(written and oral)
- Cost management
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.