Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion, and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies that are leaders in their market.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Latest Job Recruitment at Oando Plc.
The Corporate Development Manager, Mining & Infrastructure (CDM) is responsible for the corporate planning process, as well as identifying and prioritizing business opportunities to shape the Company’s strategic direction and drive organizational growth. The role entails the planning and overseeing of projects in the company, from initial ideation through to completion. The CDM position will also lead efforts to identify and establish viable opportunities to grow the Company’s profitability. Duties include market research, strategizing ideas to improve business operations and meeting with company executives to provide suggestions based on their analysis. The end goal is to provide strategic insights that help the decision-making process and align capital and resource allocation within the business budget.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying, screening and prioritizing of opportunities to ensure a robust pipeline of engagements within the market.
- Reviewing of market & industry trends to develop business insights and evaluate the impact upon the Organization’s current and future performance.
- Execute all activities relating to merger and acquisition transactions undertaken by the Company
- Supervises the execution of corporate finance led mandates and managing key relationships internally and externally.
- Supervises in building a compelling pitch, substantiated with high-level business plan and identify potential stakeholders.
- Keep track of key developments as well as best practices to continually identify new ideas, tools and trends that could provide opportunities.
- Isolate and focus on key risks and success drivers in prioritized opportunities.
- Building a compelling pitch, substantiated with high-level business plan and identify potential stakeholders
- Applies business acumen to analyze raw data, assess quantitative and qualitative trends across strategic market segments
- Assists in preparing a comprehensive competitor analysis, including financial metrics and differentiation
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated by the CEO, Refinery & Terminals from time to time.
- Develops plans, forecasts, and analyses for strategic initiatives and ad hoc projects, including new business lines/markets/products analysis, strategic decision-making in day-to-day operations, and other growth initiatives.
- Conduct research, and where necessary, due diligence with regards to potential buyers/investors / takeover targets for potential M&A activities.
- Defining project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities for mining and infrastructure projects.
- Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation – both internal and third party.
- Outlining a budget based on requirements and tracking costs to deliver project on budget.
- Preparing and managing a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams & activities.
- Tracking project and providing regular reports on project status to project team and key stakeholders.
- Managing and adjusting for any changes in project scope, schedule and / or budget.
- Identifying and mitigating potential risks.
- Managing the relationship and communication with the Company and all stakeholders, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- The CDM will report directly to the CEO, Refinery & Terminals / CEO, Mining & Infrastructure.
- The CDM will interphase amongst internal stakeholders (Technical, Legal and Governance, Corporate Communications teams, amongst others) to ensure synergy in the delivery of the company’s growth aspirations.
- The CDM will interphase amongst external stakeholders (consultants, partners, investors, contractors, etc)
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timely and accurate development of corporate performance reports vs. peers
- Quality, depth and adequacy of reports/papers developed or presented internally and externally
- Timely and accurate development of project scope, plan and schedule
- Submission of Weekly project status reports
- Quality of Analysis, findings and recommendations
- Relevant support to the CEO, Refinery & Terminals as the need arises
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1st degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other related area from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Familiarity with financial analysis and business valuation methodologies
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
KEY BEHAVIORAL SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business strategies and complex financial information clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences both orally and through written material
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- High degree of independent judgment and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must be able to manage projects independently and be a self-starter
- Must have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a desire to produce top level results.
Head, Corporate Communications
The Head, Corporate Communications leads the Corporate Communications department and supports the efforts of the Group CEO to create awareness about and positive affinity towards the ‘Oando’ brand and its subsidiary companies.
He / she is responsible for determining how public perception of the Company is best influenced, shaped, and managed to support the attainment of the Group’s brand aspirations, business growth and operating efficiency. He / she defines and leads the development of a Communications Strategy. In addition, he / she uses established media relationships to protect the brands reputation both locally and internationally.
He / she will also be responsible for the envisioning, conceptualization, design, development and delivery of systems, structures, processes, and policies to guide Corporate Communication efforts across the entire Group.
The role has strong cross-functional interaction with a high level of visibility and impact within the business. He / she will be instrumental in using internal communications as a tool to inform, connect, inspire, and bring the different parts of the organization together across multiple divisions and geographies.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for defining / updating the Vision for Corporate Communications and for ensuring continued alignment with the overall Group Vision, strategic direction and imperatives facing each business entity
- Accountable for the development of a Communications Strategy that makes use of all facets of marketing communications to build brand equity
- Accountable for continuous evaluation of the brand, its corporate actions and its operating environment oversee development of scenario planning to identify potential risks related to the Company’s brand image, and that of its entities, possible interventions, and expected outcome / impact
- Accountable for Corporate Communications planning and budgeting efforts to ensure they are aligned to support the attainment of the Company’s corporate objectives and are justified vis-à-vis revenues and growth estimates
- Provide direction for Group wide structures, systems and processes that enable the effective collation and dissemination of information to stakeholders
- Direct the planning and execution of internal and external events on behalf of the Group and its business entities
- Accountable for the development of Group-wide communication systems, policies and practices based on efficiency processes
- Accountable for companywide compliance of communications models and templates
- Direct Oando’s corporate storytelling in Nigeria and in international markets
- Direct the proactive development of a pipeline of internal and external content to support brand build and brand affinity
- Provide Corporate Communications counsel to Executive Management on communication strategy, engagement approach, tactics and timings for key projects and initiatives
- Accountable for the origination of corporate communications briefs to support the achievement of the Company’s communication objectives
- Formulate high level messaging and train key personnel to communicate effectively and consistently
- Support Change Management efforts across the organization leveraging communication as a tool to inform, educate and motivate action
- Drive employee engagement by creating and sharing communication that is capable of connecting, informing and inspiring internal stakeholders
- Support efforts to develop a strong corporate culture and system of values across the organization through well-defined, properly structured and delivered culture change programs, working with Human Capital Management, Corporate Governance and Executive Management
- Review the strategic plans of the Group and its business entities and translate into brand building opportunities
- Provide periodic updates and management reports to key internal stakeholders on specific Corporate Communications projects and initiatives
- Through high level and continuous engagement manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholder groups
- Direct the development and management of communication plans, programs, and activities both internally and externally
- Work with the CEOs / COOs of individual business entities in the development and implementation of communication strategies that address entity pain points
- Accountable for recommending best fit platforms (events) for Oando PLC’s executive management and the brand to be associated with in line with approved Events & Sponsorship strategy
- Lead internal and external communication efforts to project OER as an indigenous upstream player with technical capacity and capabilities and the most desirable place to work and invest in
- Lead image building efforts for OER Executive Management in support of repositioning OER and its workforce as experienced and technically sound
- Manage communication efforts to support the Group’s Investor Relations drive including design and production of corporate material, event identification and participation, etc
- Embed sustainability in our people development and external stakeholder conversations agendas
- Perform other duties as may be required by the Company.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Extent to which corporate communications and brand management strategies, plans and activities are driven by Group and entity corporate strategies
- Extent to which brand values, brand story and achievements are positively reinforced using internal communications, PR, digital media and events and sponsorship
- Quality and effectiveness of implemented internal and external communication efforts / activities
- Quantity and quality of mileage received on print, broadcast, and digital platforms
- Increase in positive perception and dialogue on internal and external platforms
- Brand recall and memorability
- Shift in brand associations
- Growth in employee engagement internally
- Improvement in employee affinity to brand
- Growth in internal brand ambassadors
- Cost effectiveness of solutions deployed
- Growth in followership across all Company social media platforms
- Growth in user engagement on all Company social media platforms
- Growth in internal social media brand ambassadors
- Timeliness of deliverables (task related)
- Effectiveness of partnerships with 3rd party Agencies and the media
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1st degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Administration or other relevant field
- Have a global mindset, ideally with experience of working in multiple countries and/or in multicultural environments
- An experienced and passionate marketing communications professional
- A strategic understanding of both traditional and digital media and public relations
- Experienced and adept at corporate reputation and media management
- Must have – or be capable of – quickly establishing trusted relationships with Executive Management / Editors / Bureau Chiefs of news media
- Exceptional writing communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, a succinct and compelling communicator
- Experience working directly, engaging and influencing CEOs and other Executive Management
- Demonstrates understanding of a multi-channel approach to employee engagement
- Experienced in leading CSR activity
- Delivery-focused with proven experience in implementing CSR initiatives in a commercial / professional services environment
- Strong project to program management skills with ability to operate as both a strategic thinker and internal business operator
- Understanding of leadership development and soft-skill training strategies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.