Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion, and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies that are leaders in their market.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Latest Job Vacancies at Oando Plc.
The Enterprise Risk Management and Control Supervisor under the direct supervision of the Enterprise Risk Management and Control Manager (ERM&C Manager) carries out the following key tasks towards the achievement of the overall departmental objectives;
- Identify and collate the organisation’s complete portfolio of risks
- Assess and evaluate these risks
- Monitor and analyze key risks
- Document /Update business processes
- Assess the operating and design effectiveness of internal controls ( including financial reporting controls) implemented to address identified risks – ensuring financial controls are appropriately designed – mitigating inherent risks, implemented and operating as designed.
He/She is responsible for data gathering, measurement and analysis of financial, operational, strategic, and regulatory compliance risk in the organization in order to assess and ensure timely reporting of all issues noted for the ERM&C Manager’s consideration.
- External Auditors
- JV Finance personnel – Subcom/Budget re-alignment
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A university degree
- Good knowledge of risk management, internal control processes and auditing procedures
- A qualified Chartered accountant with a combined 4 -6 years’ post qualification experience in audit and risk management, covering;
- Experience in accounting and Financial Reporting (IFRS)
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley/C-Sox/ Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting requirements(ICFR)
- Good knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Audit and assurance experience
- Good communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good problem identification
- Good analytical skills
- Good organization skills to effectively meet deadlines
- Ability to interface with internal and external partners to carry out duties and achieve goals as assigned
- Good knowledge and understanding of oil and gas industry
- Good knowledge of financial reporting standards
- Ability to interpret financial statements
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to perform risk assessments and identify key business and financial risks
- Experience in conducting financial audits and SOX compliance audits of public and/or private companies
- Proficiency in presentation, spreadsheet word processing and Risk Management Reporting systems.
- Possess a sound knowledge of internal business processes
- Good understanding of corporate governance
- A good team player.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
Enterprise Risk Management
Under the direct supervision of the ERM&C Manager,
- Provide inputs and participate in the development of annual risk plan and scheduled control reviews
- Support the ERM&C Manager in management and coordination of all risk management and control related activities.
- Execute approved risk programs and report findings for the ERM&C Manager’s review
- Provide monthly and quarterly risk reports for ERM &C Manager review
- Perform risk identification activities, document, assess/evaluate, and monitor risk inherent in existing activities,
- Review key risk indicators and trends.
- Periodically assess the operating effectiveness of business continuity and crisis management plans in place
- Provide input to the tracking and reporting of emerging risks and events (enterprise wide and project specific),
- Maintain enterprise risk registers and project specific risk registers updating when necessary
- Keep abreast of current and new regional, national and global risk related policies and governance pronouncements and regulations that apply to the organization and ensure local compliance
- Perform periodic risk assessment for monitoring risks
- Liaise with department heads on the adequacy of proposed actions in management of risk areas highlighted in risk and internal audit reports
- Follow up with process owners and function managers on implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required.
- Monitor and report on compliance with regulatory requirements
- Internal Control
- Work with the Business Managers (outside Finance) to review existing processes with a view to updating with ‘as is’ changes noted.
- Perform ICFR/ controls testing quarterly for design and operating effectiveness of controls embedded within the processes.
- Oversee quarterly remediation of all key control lapses noted from the ICFR reviews. Follow up with process owners to ensure all control remediation actions ( ICFR and External auditor’s noted control gaps) are implemented across the organisation.
- Execute scheduled control reviews with a view to provide assurance on adequacy of systems and controls and document report findings to ERM&C Manager for review
- Execute the documentation of operational processes (using narratives and process maps), maintain a register of these processes, track all process changes and re- engineer existing processes where and when required.
- Focus on continual process improvement, and rationalization of control measures to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of operations and realization of cost savings opportunities
- Work with internal audit, Governance/compliance functions in the company, as well as the company’s external auditors, particularly with respect to audit planning and knowledge sharing
- Work with staff to ensure enforcement of policies and procedures and compliance with the regulatory requirements.
- Assess and monitor all access rights for all staff.
- Perform review of segregation of duties at both the Oracle user and role level and report findings to ERM&C Manager controls
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality of documentation and work papers
- Quality and timeliness of reports and updates
- Percentage completion of assigned tasks and risk planned activities
- Timeliness of remediation of external auditor’s reported control issues
Internal Audit Supervisor (Systems)
The Internal Audit Supervisor (System) also participates in Joint Venture audits, Production Sharing Contract audits, fraud detection and investigations as may be required from time to time.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems over the organization’s information technology environment are functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met.
- Provide inputs and participate in the development of annual audit plan, support the Internal Audit Manager in the execution of all internal audit work.
- Hold an overall awareness and knowledge of every function within the entities, in terms of service area, business strategic direction, key deliverables and resources comprising financial, people and systems.
- Execute audit programs to provide independent assurance on achievement of business objectives and adequacies of their systems and controls and advise on improvements for both compliance with policies and best practice to generate efficiency.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and responsiveness in accordance with Oando’s core values (TRIPP). Maintain high standards of staff conduct and integrity, and participate in the development and implementation of training needs for subordinates.
- Support the Internal Audit Manager in preparing the annual risk assessment and internal audit plan for information technology, operational and financial reviews.
- Participate in the evaluation of information technology and business risks associated with strategic and operational objectives of the company.
- Participate in the development of audit programs, implementation of audit work programs and preparation of audit reports.
- Ensure efficient and effective execution of annual audit plan.
- Assist in tracking of audit recommendation implementation and perform follow-up procedures where needed.
- Supervise and review the work of Internal Audit Officers, guest auditors, including loan staff retained from external professional services firms.
- Maintain required audit documentation for each audit in accordance with the Oando Internal Audit Methodology and IIA standards.
- Coordinate with other audit, risk management and/or compliance functions in the company, as well as the company’s external auditors, particularly with respect to audit planning and knowledge sharing.
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager on internal investigations.
- Perform assigned tasks efficiently and ensure departmental metrics and performance indicators are achieved.
- Provide on-the-job training and development to subordinates and loaned staff
- Perform other activities as may be assigned by the Internal Audit Manager from time to time.
- Monitor compliance with the laid down policies, processes and procedures.
- Perform detailed systems review and complex analysis using CAATs tools.
- Review systems and procedures across all business areas and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures, where appropriate.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry
- Knowledge of business process, risks and Controls
- Functional and technical knowledge of Oracle ERP applications
- Knowledge of Risk Management and Internal Control Framework
- Experience in performing technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes
- Proficient in the use of ACL, Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Good project management skills
- High level of self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and divide your time between work and study.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Numeracy and a strong aptitude for mathematics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and clear logical thinking.
- A keen interest in the financial system combined with excellent commercial awareness.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure, and the willingness to put in the extra hours when needed.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel. PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organizational abilities
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Percentage coverage of identified risk and controls
- Level of execution of the annual audit plan
- Timeliness of audit review and investigations
- Quality and timeliness of audit reports and updates
- Number of queries from the regulatory authorities and external audit reports
- Compliance with the Internal Audit Methodology
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.