Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia.
Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. Our irrepressible spirit and audacity to succeed where others have flinched or failed are at the core of our genetic makeup.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest job vacancies at Sahara Group.
Table of Contents
Financial Reporting &Tax Manager
General Financial Accounting
- Ensure that Accounting policies, guidelines for recording financial transaction, prudent accounting
- principles (in consultation with the CFO) and accounting standards applicable as per statutory requirements of company law are framed and followed
- Conduct periodic reviews of the organisation’s accounting policies & procedures and update where necessary
- Responsible for periodic book keeping review
- Supervise the reconciliation activities and financial close activities
- Oversees the preparation of Final Accounts, other regular review reports
- Ensures proper maintenance of General Ledger accounts
- Ensure the maintenance of accounting controls
- Bank and Cash management
- Liquidity management
- Exchange rate risk management
- Interest rate risk management
- Develop policies and strategies for evaluating different investment opportunities.
- Review investment proposals prepared and forward to CFO for investment decisions.
Investments and Fixed Assets Accounting
- Review the proposals for capital expenditure as per his delegation of power (DOP)
- Maintain Fixed Assets records and reconciliations
- Ensure correct and accounting for inventory
Training and Development
- Conduct Performance appraisal and identifying specific training and skill requirements for officers directly reporting to him
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by Director from time to time
- Other Administrative responsibilities
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department
- Identify training needs of officials and arrange to provide the same.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the CFO/ CEO of the company
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Chartered Accountant, MBA will be an advantage, with minimum 15 years of experience in the field of Finance & Accounting and Financial Management, Banking, Cash, Treasury management etc, and at least 5 years in management position
Skills & Competencies
- Advance Accounting and Financial Techniques
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Internal Audit Lead
- Responsible for proactively identifying and communicating potential process improvements and audit methodology for Egbin.
- Estimate and report on expected time of completion of work, and maintain records of work. accomplished and time expended and prepare reports to include the preparation of audit reports.
- Preparation of draft reports, reviews of the drafts with clients, preparation of the final reports incorporating client comments as appropriate and submission of the final reports for review.
- Coordinate and maintain a system of quality control to ensure compliance with applicable auditing standards.
- Plan and conduct highly complex audits.
- Examine the management operations, internal control systems and accounting records for adequacy.
- Recommend and advise the Head of Internal Audit regarding changes in business processes and accounting and management procedures.
- Determine the correct scope of audits related to business processes, the platforms and information systems supporting the business processes.
- Review and assess the effectiveness, efficiency, confidentiality, integrity, availability, compliance and reliability of information systems and the data therein.
- Utilize computer-assisted audit techniques to conduct audits.
- Prepare and follow audit programs to ensure audit objectives are met and risk areas are covered.
- Perform follow-up audits on recommendations from prior audit reports.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or any relevant course
- Postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g., CIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA) is a must.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, methods and systems
- Ability to supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem-solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the standard techniques and methods for detecting fraud.
- Strong report writing and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI)
- Proficiency in accounting software and applications
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: September 17, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.