Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Jobs at Jumia Nigeria
- The Planning & Performance function at Jumia is responsible for anticipating and structuring the planning & performance activities for the group. We are a cross-functional team delivering what is right for the group agnostic of function or agenda.
The role encompasses six clearly defined dimensions:
- Steering country on full PnL to profitability across GP1/GP2 & GP3
- Supporting the production Monthly/Weekly performance planning
- Support all functions in the company to deliver on our budget and vision
- Support preparation mid-month and monthly Performance reviews with top management
- Launching/implementing and monitoring performance steering actions across marketing/commercial/ops and Jumia Services
- Work across all business units Physical Goods/On-demand & Jumia Pay
- The Profitability Analyst is supporting the work on high-impact actions and projects across all functions commercial/marketing/Ops and JS. The aim is to bring exceptional profitable usage growth across the group.
- The analysis and insights produced by the Profitability Analyst have a strong impact on different dimensions of the business: the Planning & Performance team is the main team in charge of projects/analysis which is both cross-functional and key to the strategic success of Jumia
- Monitoring monthly performance across the group and full PnL identifying and conducting root cause analysis on deviations ensuring all departments are aligned with the expected trajectory
- Suggest the defining and implementation of performance steering actions to growth in the profitable usage of Jumia
- Giving weekly visibility on key deviations versus Business Plan for the group
- Assessing every month the deviation versus Jumia Services SLA (Service Level Agreement) to avoid any extra cost due to lack of planning accuracy
- Weekly assessment of the results of growth initiatives (AB tests on shipping fees, Vouchers, Success Rate)
- Weekly assessment of business profitability and usage and suggestions for improvement in these KPIs (change in customer fees, commissions, vendor fees, etc.)
- Ad hoc analysis on high-impact areas of the business (Customers churn rate, Repurchase rate across categories, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- 5+ years experience
- A significant experience in eCommerce, management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Fast learner
- Resistant to stress
- Independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Strong desire to pursue a career in Jumia
- As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative, and able to work efficiently. We expect a smart and hard-working individual, with a strong willingness to become a leader at Jumia.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds.
Human Resources Manager
- The role caters for all engagements, activities, processes and projects related to the wellbeing of Jumia employees in country of base
Admin and Compliance:
- Implements and administrates all HR policies & procedures guiding Jumia companies (onboarding, contracts, internal policies, immigration, leave management, payroll, offboarding);
- Ensures admin processes are running smoothly;
- Manages compliance to all HR (safety, health, other) and labour topics for all Jumia companies;
- Manages the HR & Admin team on a daily basis and in their development.
- Implements and administrates all HR policies & procedures guiding Jumia companies (recruiting, training, mobility, induction, retention, succession planning, talent management, PPR);
- Ensures processes are running smoothly;
- Implements and leads our performance management system (objective, performance based and transparent);
- Uses data analysis to influence strategic decisions and to address organizational challenges to talent management;
- Promotes and coordinates initiatives that support organizational chang
- Drives the achievement of HR results by leveraging resources, developing performance standards and results in planning and monitoring;
- Implements satisfaction/motivation barometers, measures and acts accordingly;
- Suggests appropriate events to strengthen sense of belonging;
- Manages employee relations (social bodies, employee satisfaction, health and security);
- Manages culture and the office in general (IT, logistics, office initiatives, values dissemination, every-day life).
Coaching and Advice:
- Improves the performance of others by empowering a strong leadership and coaching culture;
- Works closely with leadership to build, implement and enforce the HR initiatives (policies, programs, processes …)
- Coaches managers to support and roll out people development efforts.
- Promotes feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes
- Ensures HR practices are aligned with business needs and makes recommendations to HR leadership when changes are appropriate
- Provides input to the design and development of company-wide HR initiatives and ensures they are aligned with business needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 8+ years experience, preferably in a tecnology, Retail, or FMCG environment within the corporate function.
- Clear understanding of local labor laws with regards to employee hiring and exit management.
- Basic / Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning system e.g. Jobvite, PeopleHR or Bamboo will be an added advantage.
- Experience in people strategy.
- People management skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment, growing at a very high rate
- A unique opportunity of discovering Africa and having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Jobs at Jumia Nigeria” should click the button below to apply.