MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable.
It is through the compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest jobs at MTN Nigeria Plc.
Table of Contents
Manager - Roaming Operations
The Roaming Business Operations Manager shall ensure the leadership and performance for the Roaming Hub in all of the following areas operationally:
- Bayobab positioning as the best Roaming hub provider in Africa and the Middle East.
- Management: provide operational advice, oversight, and coordination with the SM, colleagues, and Bayobab stakeholders internally
- OpCo: Establish and maintain direct relationships to MTN OpCo technical and network teams.
- Reporting: Creation and presentation of regular reporting about technical operations performance, as well as MTN OpCo and Roaming Partner (“RP”) engagement
- Roaming Partners: Ensure the end-to-end engagement with RPs in terms of coordination, management, and onboarding in Business Operations
- Roaming Testing: IREG, TADIG, & GRQ testing performance, vendor management, and SIM Card Administration
- Roaming VAS: Maintain oversight and reporting over the performance of Traffic Steering, Messaging, BRG, GLR, & VHE Solutions
- Insourcing: engagement with internal process vendors, e.g. Managed Services and Finance
- Outsourcing: Engagement with external process vendors, e.g. signalling, testing, and RVAS
- Processes: Ensure the end-to-end documentation and understanding of operational processes
- The Roaming Business Operations Manager will be accountable to achieve the following core KPA’s:
- Representation: Technical and contractual representation of the Roaming Hub internally and externally
- Engagement: With OpCo’s, RPs, internal cross-functional stakeholders, and external vendors
- Reporting: Regular weekly, monthly, and ad-doc reporting on all assigned areas
- Testing: Ensure the planning and reporting of all IR Service Opening & Testing (SOT), as well as any issues with the external vendor
- RVAS: Ensure the planning, performance, and reporting of all IR RVAS, as well as any issues with the external vendors and OpCo’s
- Vendors: Ensure management and accountability of outsourced processes and engagement with vendors
- The Roaming Business Operations Manager’s responsibilities in this position are to:
- Advise the SM of Roaming Business on all technical and contractual aspects of the Roaming Hub.
- Lead, coach, mentor, and develop direct reports.
- Provide development, coaching, and performance feedback, as well as appraisal to assigned subordinates.
- Produce, review, and provide regular and on-going Business Operations reporting.
- Partner with Wholesale, Market Manager, Managed Services, Bayobab stakeholders, and external vendors to ensure optimum smooth and seamless technical and contractual operations of the Roaming Hub.
- Analyse service performance parameters of Business Operations and RPs and use Roaming Hub intel to improve operational performance.
- The Roaming Business Operations Manager shall deliver the following output in this position:
- Ensure that Roaming Business Operations Reports are created and reported up and down the chain
- Ensure proper action plans are in place to correct and exceed operational performance.
- Conduct regularly scheduled appraisals of all direct reports in terms of IPF (EVP).
- Involve the SM of Roaming and Bayobab Wholesale Mobility Commercial, as, when, and how prescribed.
- Meetings: Conduct regular Roaming Business Operations to report on performance and set action plans for Testing, and RVAS.
- Signalling: Engage with Managed Services and the MTN Bayobab Signalling Hub and to ensure the performance of Roaming Signalling Hub and to provide timely feedback
- RVAS: Engage with Managed Services to manage, plan, and report on RVAS delivery from Mobileum
- Testing: Engage with Managed Services to manage, plan, and report on RVAS delivery from Vendor
- OpCo’s: update Bayobab Roaming Account Management on OpCo engagement monthly.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, Engineering, and/or Telecommunications
- Formal leadership certification training (preferred)
- English: verbal and written proficiency
- French and any other language: an advantage
- Leadership experience gained in International Roaming operations, preferably also in a Roaming Hub
- Experience in commercial contract negotiations, preferably IR Hub Agreements
- 5 + years’ experience in the leadership and development of teams
- Experienced in creating and conducting presentations in English.
- Experienced in presenting to senior management and executives.
- Experience in engagement with and management of external vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, investigative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent influencing skills, in particular with decision-makers.
- End-to-end understanding of mobile roaming operations – both technical and commercial.
- Broad knowledge of roaming billing, network engineering, and roaming operations.
Manager - Market Development
- Coordinate market opportunity identification via market research and demand assessment activities to ensure effective development and management of highly differentiated broadband value propositions
- Develop and execute plans for sustainable market development
- Develop comprehensive product requirements/designs and collaborate with the Design team on implementation
- Manage the development process of propositions/offers, products & services, from idea generation to product launch/support to ensure business set targets are met
- Support the business operations divisions and work with cross-functional teams including Project/Demand Management, Design, Revenue Assurance, Quality Assurance, Compliance, Regulatory, Go-To-Market, Business Intelligence teams to launch propositions/offers, products & services
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and enhanced operational efficiencies including special focus on managing products resulting in creation of product encyclopedia with all product/service features and tariff optimization
- Develop effective partnerships with suppliers and vendors to launch quality products & services and ensure customer satisfaction
- Define and implement communications strategies that will support a differentiated MTN brand position that sets the organization apart from the competition
- Identify consistently the most effective media to communicate the MTN Brand in the marketplace
- Collaborate with complementary value-added service providers to co-create differentiated propositions that address customers’ needs effectively
- Drive the adoption of new growth opportunities for the business within the market
- Oversee the initiation and management of go-to-market activities targeted at identified market segments
- Design and carry out periodic enhancements of customer journeys for each existing and new product
- Create awareness for existing and new broadband products by leveraging on traditional and new communications media
- Define campaign objectives for each new product and enhancement initiatives
- Determine the best marketing campaigns, channels, sales strategies and pricing models to ensure sustainable success for MTN broadband products
- Evaluate the financial viability of existing and new products and segments based on historical and projected product uptake, revenues, operating costs and capital costs
- Ensure full understanding of the telecommunication industry (Global and Local) trends and developments in order to assess the strategic technology and regulatory impact on MTNN’s current and future business.
- Establish processes and standards for impact assessment, and evaluation of systems and technologies with regards to customer experience
- Review market intelligence and competitor insight, develop approaches for penetrating the markets, identifying constraints, challenges and trade-offs of the go-to-market approaches
- Monitor and review on product profitability and market segment performance trends
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Value-Added Service (VAS) Partners to deliver business value
- Develop the framework for technical and commercial knowledge transfer and establish same as a key component of the employee performance management system within the Market Development Unit.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First degree in Economics/Business Administration/Other relevant commercial disciplines preferred
- Fluent in English
- 6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Market development experience of 3 years or more, preferably in telecoms industry
- Coordinated multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
Officer - Customer Operations
- Escalate and route customer issues to the relevant process operators.
- Perform necessary system transactions related to customer request.
- Use organization and time management tools to track cases and meet turn-around-times and other required metrics.
- Maintain Integrity of managing subscriber data/information.
- Identify and report on customer impacting trends.
- Generate periodic reports and other ad-hoc reports as requested by team lead.
- Educate customer on use of products and services.
- Enlighten and educate customers on new products and initiatives within MTN.
- Document actions taken to resolve client problems.
- Identify and resolve customer queries effectively and efficiently, whilst maintaining the acceptable service quality standard.
- Follow through on customer queries ensuring prompt resolution and feedback.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
- Experience in a call center (Prepaid/Postpaid) environment (Customer
- Care Rep (Retention & Churn)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: October 2, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.