PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc is part of a multinational consumer goods business, PZ Cussons Plc. We manufacture and distribute some of the best-loved brands in Nigeria, from Imperial Leather to Cussons Baby, Morning Fresh to Thermocool and Robb.
We operate in five core categories – personal care, beauty, home care, food, nutrition, and electricals. Worldwide PZ Cussons Group employs over 5000 people across Africa, Europe, Asia, and North America.
Check out the latest jobs at PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc. PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc is currently recruiting for the position below:
Table of Contents
Africa Research and Development Leader
Coaching and Personal Development of each individual within Africa R&D Team (~12 people) – identifying and building on their strengths and guiding them through focused development conversations to allow them to fulfill their potential. Identifying and implementing the shifts required to create a high performing Africa R&D organization. Leadership of all programs across both product and packaging development to serve the needs of the 4 brands of the Africa business (Morning Fresh, Cussons Baby, Robb, Venus & Premier Cool Deo). This will include:
- Delivering the Pipeline of projects
- Fuelling the funnel of future innovation/opportunities.
- Identifying and building the capabilities required to deliver the current and future NPD plans.
- Supporting and Coaching team members through the successful development and delivery of projects to market.
- Dimensionalising and communicating opportunities and risk to multifunctional partners to facilitate appropriate business decisions.
- Drive consumer and competitive understanding against a ruthless pursuit of consumer value and technical points of difference which have both relevance and resonance for our brands.
- Identification of ‘Continuous Improvement’ opportunities for our propositions in terms of consumer value, manufacturing efficiency and of course cost savings/avoidance.
- Being the Respected Voice of R&D/Technical Community within the Africa business. Developing and embedding the overall Africa R&D Technical Strategy via coaching and guidance of the team who have begun to build this. Including
- Clearly articulating ‘Where to Play’ Choices and key strategic development projects.
- Gaining multifunctional alignment to choices.
- Securing the resources required to deliver on the development projects.
- Engagement and providing guidance with respect to regulatory affairs
- Governance of the budget for all Africa R&D activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Knowledge Area (Examples Below)
What exactly is required?
R&D/Innovation Program and Organisational/Team Leadership
- 10 + years experience in designing and delivering consumer delighting products and/or Packs to market in relevant FMCG category (eg. Beauty/Personal Care, Consumer Health, Food & Beverages). Ideally including experience of
- Simultaneously managing a portfolio of multiple brands and their differing consumer targets.
- Both internally and externally developed products/packs.
- Creating propositions across different price tiers.
- Different innovation/project types from those with potential for disruption to cost optimisation (and everything in between)
- Leadership of a team of at least 5 R&D’ers.
Outstanding People and Organisational Development.
- Track record of identifying and realising the potential of individuals and teams working in Innovation/R&D/Technical domains.
- Experience of designing and evolving innovation organisations and capabilities to support the changing needs of a business.
- Recognised builder of productive, successful and happy teams and experienced in leading them through change.
Driving business impact and Influence of R&D.
- Track record of forging strong and productive partnerships with multifunctional counterparts especially Marking and Sales/Commercial and leveraging these relationships to drive value from R&D and overall influence on the direction of the business.
- Ability to translate technical complexity and highly scientific concepts into compelling communication for a variety of audiences (internal and external) and as a result generate excitement and buy in to R&D possibilities (technologies, products, packs, materials, consumer opportunity spaces etc. etc.)
- Significant experience in appropriately dimensionalising levels of technical risk to contribute to multifunctional decision making.
Innovation Strategy Development & Ambidextrous Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to connect consumer and business needs to technology possibilities across a portfolio of projects, simultaneously balancing both short and long term priorities/horizons.
- Experience of defining consumer/business relevant innovation ‘hunting grounds’/opportunity spaces and using this thinking to establish new development projects and feed a funnel of innovation/New Product/Pack Development.
- Experience in turning consumer data into insight and leveraging this and community/human/consumer design to develop clearly differentiated product and/or packaging experiences.
- Ability to translate consumer needs & dreams into tangible technical product/pack design elements.
- Quantitative and Qualitative research design and analysis experience would be a bonus.
- Ability to make unobvious technical connections – demonstrated through eg. Identifying a technology from another category and tailoring to a specific consumer need.
- Claims Support – Demonstrated ability to develop compelling and differentiated claims which capture both the hearts and minds of consumers and differentiate vs. competition. Experience of developing ‘right sized’ technical claims support strategies which appropriately balance risk vs. resource.
- Experience in developing opportunities for sustainable product/pack design.
- Experience in using technical modelling to increase productivity, reduce program timings and quantify/reduce risk.
- Knowledge, experience and connections into external innovation ecosystems in relevant technology spaces (eg. Start ups, RM/Packaging Suppliers, Universities, Research Institutes etc. etc.)
- Successful governance of budgets >£200,000
HR Business Partner
Execute HR strategy for the SBU, in line with and contributing to the company strategy within approved business plan and budget. Proactively engage Line Executives and other key stakeholders in determining business needs and proactively contribute to the development and implementation of the people agenda.
Human Resources Director, Africa
- Return on Investment
- Customer Satisfaction
- Turn Around Time
- Strategic Alliances with different institutions
Key Performance Indicators
Employee Relations – Ensure timely resolution of employee issues (as stated by SLA or CBA). Promoting industrial harmony within business area. Culture – Drive and embed appropriate business values and culture within the SBU Organization Development – Structure design and proper headcount management of employees for the SBU HRIS and HR Service delivery – Prompt submission and completion of employee HR transactions in line with agreed TAT. Talent Management – Healthy talent pipeline for critical roles identified by the SBU. Ensuring current and future coverage for such roles. Reward Management – Lead Job Analysis and best practice reward and recognition initiatives for the SBU Coaching – Internal coach, supporting Line leadership and ensuring best people management practices.
- Engage Line Executives and other stakeholders in determining business needs and proactively contribute to the development of strategic HR solutions (organization design, change management, talent development, recruitment, compensation etc.) in collaboration with the Centre of Excellence (CoE) Specialists.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of the inherent business environment and can provide interventions to business leadership on the strategic people agenda to maintain competitive edge.
- Design and collaborate with the Talent team and Business Line Managers to identify, engage, and retain talents within the organization and driving career development plans for employees.
- Provide advisory services to the business managers on HR policies, ensuring the right interpretation of the policies are applied in managing human resources in the Business Unit and lead on the development and implementation of new HR policies
- Engage Line Management, investigate related employee issues and challenges, develop and socialize mitigating options with HR and business management and ensure implementation of solutions in the Line. Engage Line Managers and Training Specialists on training needs identification and gaps based on perceived business imperatives, development of core curriculum content, and ensure the successful implementation of training plan for the employees
- Lead or provide input to the CoE Specialist on Structure evaluation and requirements of role to confirm vacancy is required, business headcount management, make input into new job specifications and adjustments of existing job specifications
- Drive the annual implementation and report on entire Performance Management process, results and ratings.
- Manage SBU level Talent sourcing and employment in conjunction with the CoE to ensure adequate, available pipeline and timely resourcing.
- Manage the headcount budget process of assigned SBU to ensure optimal staffing
- Liaise with SBU director to analyze trends and HR metrics to develop interventions and human performance/recognition programs
Internal & External Relationships:
- Works closely with HR Director, Business Leadership and Line Managers
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First degree in Social, Human and or Behavioral Sciences or any other related discipline
- At least 5 – 9 years. work experience in a similar role with a large organization
- Excellent and demonstrable negotiation / organization skills
- Excellent Microsoft Suite Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-point
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.