The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
The British Council is committed to supporting all staff to make sure their behavior is consistent with this commitment. We create a friendly environment for our staff and high incentive.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest jobs at the British Council of Nigeria. See below.
Table of Contents
To provide accurate and timely administrative and operational support to the project and the Nigeria Facilities Functions in the area of procurement, master data management, contracts database management, supplier management process and effective and efficient planning, management, delivery and evaluation of facilities, estate.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
This post will have the following core functions:
- Taking prioritised and planned approach to deployment of the Facilities activities ensuring the premises and facilities are in full working order at all times and meet the aspirations of the Country Plan. Taking a planned approach to ensure that maintenance services are predominantly PPM-based and proactive, with reactive maintenance being an exceptional service.
Asset and Fleet Management
- Ensuring acquisition of capital assets is planned and that assets are set up, capitalised and disposed of correctly. Ensure inventories are kept up-to-date, storage is appropriately secure, and disposal is managed according to policy. Manages fuel supplies, and vehicles to ensure efficient consumption and minimise risk of fuel loss through fraud.
- Ensuring procurement exercises undertaken for the function and on behalf of the wider office meet policy, standards and compliance needs in full, liasing closely with the procurement function.
- Managing vendor performance to clear, agreed SLA requirements, with follow-up evaluation meetings set in line with the nature of the service and/or contract.
- Managing assigned budgets in line with expectations. Plans, profiles, reforecasts and commentaries will be written and delivered to timeline, and budgets managed to target. Planning will take into account best value-for-money ‘intelligent spend’ principles.
- Manage all administrative processes required for provision of hotel accommodations and flight tickets for programme staff and consultants. Facilitate all clearances necessary to ensure effective entry, presence and exit of International staff and consultants.
- Provide Facilities and administrative – related support to the wider teams to ensure events are adequately supported and present the British Council in line with Project Plan aspirations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First degree in relevant field with a minimum of five years relevant experience
- Member of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors & Valuers, International Facility Management Association (IFMA) or The Institute of Workplace Management (IWFM)
- Office management and maintenance experience.
- Administrative and Logistics skills with demonstrable attention to details.
- Asset and fleet management experience
- Experience working within Facilities Management Framework.
- Inventory management experience
- Budget Management experience
Remuneration: NGN10,989,828.00 gross per annum
Head of Business Development
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver the 2-year market led, integrated cross portfolio Business Development & Sales strategy aligned with Global/Regional Exams strategy working with other BC colleagues to leverage opportunities and create value. This role is ultimately responsible for building and managing demand, ensuring capacity fill, delivering income/surplus targets, ensuring excellent B2B Customer Service and overseeing quality of B2C customer experience.
This role will also serve as the Senior Responsible Officer in the British Council Port Harcourt office. The postholder will have some level of oversight across all staff, events, and activities, and will represent the organisation, as needed, at various internal and external activities with our key stakeholders and partners. The postholder will need to be familiar with the full portfolio of British Council programmes and services.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- As part of a wider SBU or country team, contributes to the development and delivery of customised, local business development initiatives (within a specific area of product/market/customer focus), which are capable of achieving agreed targets (e.g. on margin, income, impact and take up) and are aligned to relevant corporate and regional priorities.
- Analyses and assimilates multiple commercial data sets and indicators (e.g. profitability, market dynamics, competitive potential, volumes, sales effectiveness, fundraising/partnership targets etc) to produce tailored reports on performance and trends that assist more senior management in identifying areas for new, additional or modified business development activity.
- Works closely with Commercial Manager
Market & customer intelligence
- Keeps updated and has extensive knowledge of the market within their area of focus, from both a supply and demand perspective.
- Lead contribution into Demand Planning, achieving high levels of sales forecasting accuracy and embed Global framework at Country/Geography level
- Agree Marketing Plan and review effectiveness
- Agree Customer Services requirements and review effectiveness
- As part of a wider team, provides professional input to support the development of high quality, competitive and customer/market-focused bids, tender submissions, programme plans and sponsorship appeals, which are capable of generating specified commercial returns and cultural relations impact.
- Manage and review effectiveness of partnership (agency) model and input into physical footprint strategy
Account & stakeholder management
- Assists in the planning, establishment and maintenance of nominated account/stakeholder/partner or sponsor relationships, in accordance with the relationship strategy and objectives set out by the designated Account Manager or SBU/country priorities.
- Deliver income/surplus targets, working with Operations on commercial feasibility
Brand/product knowledge & promotion
- Builds effective working relationships with a variety of SBU and regional colleagues, and a range of information-gathering techniques, to maintain a full and current understanding of product/programme/sector developments and priorities.
- Contributes to the planning, monitoring, execution and evaluation of promotional, marketing, PR and outreach collateral/activities within their area of product/programme/customer/market focus.
Leadership & management
- Plans and prioritises own work activities to ensure effective delivery of diverse responsibilities and internal customer deliverables over a monthly to quarterly time horizon
- Serve on Exams Leadership team. Deputise for Director, Exams, as required.
- Serve as Senior Responsible Officer for the Port Harcourt Office. Serve as point of escalation for significant issues. Represent British council at events, as required.
Risk and Compliance
- Support Head of Operations, as needed, as on the ground point of escalation for any exam compliance issues.
- Understanding of exams security and compliance standards, along with knowledge of corporate risk management procedures to service delivery (i.e. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Significant experience of managing a large team and managing staff performance
- Demonstrable experience of sustaining and/or growing a product/service in line with strategic priorities for income and impact
- Significant experience collecting and analysing client/stakeholder feedback and using the data to identify business needs and obstacles; works to resolve them.
- Takes a pro-active approach to identifying ways in which service can be improved, and takes these forward
- Demonstrated analytical ability and commercial acumen
- Budget and financial management experience
- Has a track record of identifying and highlighting risks and suggesting mitigating actions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: June 27, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.