U.S. Consulate General – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
U.S. Consulate General is recruiting into the vacant positions. All Interested candidates are advised to go through available positions carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Apply now for the latest jobs at the US Consulate General. All Available positions are listed below:
Table of Contents
Warehouse Worker (Truck Driver)
The incumbent is responsible for safety and efficiently operating a U.S Government-owned or lease trucks, large cargo vehicles or other vehicles.
Incumbent is also responsible for safe handling, transporting and storage of both expendable and non-expendable items.
The position is in the General Services Office and under the supervision of the Warehouse Dispatcher/Supervisory Truck Driver.
Qualifications and Requirements:
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years of professional truck or heavy vehicle driving experience is required. One (1) additional year of experience in manual labor or warehouse work is required.
- Good working knowledge of warehouse operations, procedures, USG safety and security standards is required.
- Good working knowledge of maintenance and efficient usage of warehouse storage space is required.
- Good working knowledge of conducting inventory and stacking of items/equipment is required.
- Knowledge of local traffic laws and regulations, as well as knowledge of in-country travel routes and areas is required.
- Completion of secondary school or high school education is required.
LANGUAGE: Limited knowledge speaking /reading/writing in English is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a Valid Nigerian driver’s license.
- Ability to physically be able to perform loading and unloading is required.
- Must be able to handle heavy objects smoothly and efficiently.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 5lbs (23kg) under OSHA standards.
- Ability to use warehouse tools and safely operate equipment such as forklifts, hand trolleys, electronic lifters etc. is required.
- Must be able to diagnose and handle preventive maintenance and first-echelon automotive repairs.
- Ability to detect vehicle defects and report them immediate to authority concerned is required.
- Must be able to perform assign tasks in all types of weather, and environmental weather conditions to include at times severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather conditions, and high winds.
Salary: USD $9,227 /Per Year
American Center Director
The American Center Director develops and maintains ties with the Emerging Voices (EV) and Established Opinion Leaders (EOL) sectors in the Embassy Abuja consular district to support foreign policy goals.
Is responsible for the day-to-day oversight, management, and operations of the Embassy’s U.S. government (USG)-owned and operated American Center.
Develops Center-specific activities and programs to attract EV and EOL audiences at the Center and for Partner American Center audiences throughout the Embassy Abuja consular district; collaborates with non-Center Public Diplomacy (PD) staff on a range of other PD activities and projects to broaden the Center’s EV and EOL activities and programs.
This position has a large degree of autonomy as director of a public access facility that is open during hours when the Embassy may be closed, may not be co-located with other Embassy facilities, and must maintain a dynamic schedule of simultaneous activities and projects of interest to the public.
Qualification and Requirement:
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years of experience in an international, academic, government, or cultural institution is required. Experience in communications, marketing, or public relations is required.
- Incumbent must have comprehensive knowledge of the attitudes and preferences of the EV and EOL audience sectors and an understanding of regional, ethnic, socioeconomic, cultural and linguistic factors and the influence of religious, cultural, and educational institutions in shaping EV and EOL perceptions of the United States. General knowledge of project management, including defining project objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods is required.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques, market analysis and analytics, and customer service standards in the United States and Nigeria is required; knowledge of trends in experiential learning and audience engagement; and an understanding of the communications and information environments in Nigeria and internationally is required.
- A university degree in Communications, Library Science, Museum Education, International Affairs, American Studies, or local equivalent is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate/Exemption/Exclusion document is required.
LANGUAGE: Fluent Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Analytic Skills: Must have strong analytic skills. Must be able to identify, analyze, predict, and continually assess EV and EOL audience attitudes and evaluate the impact of projects and modify approaches for the best outcomes. Must be able to perceive the emergence of new influencers and adjust operations and programming accordingly.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Must have excellent customer relations, interpersonal, and cross-cultural communication skills and be able to identify and engage key figures critical to shaping local public opinion. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including for public speaking, interviewing for evaluation purposes, writing reports, and contributing materials for publication in both English and Yoruba, Hausa, or Igbo. Must be able to tailor communications to fit formal and informal situations; different ethnic, religious, and linguistic cultures; and, as necessary, transmission through multimedia channels. Must be able to brief U.S. officers and visitors on a variety of issues and interpret between English and Yoruba, Hausa, or Igbo for public programs.
- Management Skills: Strong management skills are required, including the ability to develop and oversee project budgets and to organize, run, and present professional and cultural projects, such as workshops, seminars, digital video conferences, panel discussions, lectures, and camps. Must be able to negotiate agreements with partner institutions and manage their fulfillment.
- Technical Skills: Good keyboarding and data entry skills and excellent familiarity with electronic discovery tools, in particular the internet, and standard information retrieval practices and procedures are required. Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and graphic design and photo editing software, is required. Detailed knowledge of and the ability to use social media and mobile platforms, photo and video sharing sites, podcast creation tools, and basic photo and video skills are required. Must have good numerical skills to be able to develop and manage project and grant budgets.
Salary: USD $30,488 /Per Year
The incumbent assist with reporting on southern Nigeria. Incumbent is responsible for monitoring and reporting on environmental and social issues in the 17 states that make up the Lagos consular district. Incumbent analyzes and reports on relevant political, economic, environmental and social developments therein.
Qualification and Requirement:
- Two (2) years of prior professional work experience in research, analysis, and drafting reports containing narrative and data is required.
Knowledge of U.S. Embassy operations, structure of the Government of Nigeria, and the role of actors, as well as working knowledge of government protocol is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Economics, Business, Trade, Finance, or International Relations is required.
This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have analytical and drafting skills, particularly the ability to draft letters, memoranda, and more complex reports with minimal editing.
Salary: USD $45,290 /Per Year
The gardener is responsible for performing gardening care and grounds maintenance at Mission office facilities including associated agencies, as well as other U.S. Government (USG) owned and leased properties as directed and at the official residences of the Principal Officials at post. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirement:
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of gardening experience is required.
Good working knowledge of how to plant/ transplant shrubs, flowers etc. typical for the area required. Maintenance of gardens and lawns using knowledge of gardening and swimming pool cleaning techniques are required. Good working knowledge of Overseas Building Operations (OBO) FAM and FAH regulations pertaining to grounds maintenance and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Completion of Primary School is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- LANGUAGE: Limited knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to physically able perform arduous tasks as well as work independently is required.
- Ability to use hand tools and operate motorized equipment and vehicles, such as mowers, sprinklers, etc. is required.
- Ability to use all gardening tools and swimming pool, cleaning equipment is required.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as eyewear, and safety shoes.
- Must be able to perform assign tasks in all types of weather, and environmental weather conditions to include at times severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather conditions, and high wind.
Salary: USD $5,839 /Per Year
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking the buttons below;
Deadline: November 29, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.