US Embassy of Nigeria – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest jobs at the US Embassy of Nigeria.
Table of Contents
Public Health Specialist (M&E)
The incumbent, under the supervision of the Associate Director, Strategic Information (SI), will provide technical expertise in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for the U.S. Army Medical Research Directorate-Africa/Nigeria (USAMRD-A/N), under the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). The incumbent will work with the other team members to implement strategies and systems that: ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of all program and related activities; use appropriate technologies to integrate data collection, processing, and reporting, in a manner that enhances the use of the information for improving patient and program outcomes; and that provide support for surveillance and research related activities in the program. The incumbent will provide technical support for all PEPFAR interagency team activities. The incumbent will also provide technical assistance aimed at building the capacity of the Nigerian Ministry of Defence (NMOD) SI team in a manner as to ensure sustainability of the program. S/he, by applying both theoretical and practical knowledge of monitoring and evaluation systems and research methodologies, will provide critical support to the larger USAMRD-A/N team in the achievement of program goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design and implementation of program M&E activities, implementing health data and information systems, evaluation of program activities and research. Familiarity with quantitative and/or qualitative methods is essential.
The incumbent must possess advanced knowledge and understanding of activities as relates to PEPFAR-funded HIV/AIDS programs. Advanced knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation strategies and techniques as well as standard knowledge of HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases or TB prevention activities are required. Incumbent must possess knowledge of health delivery information systems, especially the application of program management and the translation of evaluation data as it pertains to the improvement of program operations, guidelines, and policies. Knowledge of the health care system of Nigeria and advanced computer skills in Word processing, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, statistical applications (SPSS, STATA or related), and web based applications are required. Ability to use business intelligence tools like Tableau and Power BI are essential for this position. Advanced knowledge of DHIS2 implementation and interoperability with other systems is essential.
- A professional degree in Medicine (MBBS, DVM or equivalent), and a Masters degree in one of the following disciplines: Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics, Computer Science, or Health Management is required.
Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
Salary: NGN ₦18,063,974 /Per Year
The incumbent is responsible for safely and efficiently operating a U.S. Government-owned or leased trucks, large cargo vehicles or other vehicles. The incumbent is also responsible for safe handling, transporting and storage of both expendable and non-expendable items. The position is in the General Services Office and under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor (or designee). This position is characterized as providing support to medium size posts with no Property Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two (2) years of professional truck or heavy vehicle driving experience is required. In addition to one (1) year of experience in manual labor or warehouse work is required.
- Good working knowledge of warehouse operations, procedures, USG safety and security standards.
- Good work knowledge of maintenance and efficient usage of warehouse storage space.
- Good working knowledge of conducting inventory and stacking of items/equipment.
- Knowledge of local traffic laws and regulations. Knowledge of in-country travel routes and areas is required.
- Completion of high school education is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- LANGUAGE: Limited knowledge reading/writing/speaking English Language is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Ability to physically be able to perform loading and unloading. Must be able to handle heavy objects smoothly and efficiently. Must be able to able to lift a maximum of 51 lbs. (23kg) under OSHA standards.
- Ability to use warehouse tools and safely operate equipment such as forklifts, hand trolleys, electronic lifters etc.
- Must be able to diagnose and handle preventive maintenance and first-echelon automotive repairs. Ability to detect vehicle defects and report them immediately to authorities concerned.
- Must be able to perform assign tasks in all types of weather, and environmental weather conditions to include at times severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather conditions, and high winds.
- Must hold a valid Nigeria class B driver’s license.
Salary: NGN ₦4,146,835 /Per Year
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: July 14, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.