British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products.
Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at British American Tobacco (BAT) Nigeria
Mechanical Technician - Fabrication
- This role involves the controlling, operating or maintaining of machines and equipment at the Fabrication workshops within the Engineering Department in order to support the manufacturing department to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality and safety standards.
- Support in coordinating all the welding and machining workshop activities to ensure all the components are welded or fabricated in an effective and efficient manner in accordance to the required quality standard to support the manufacturing of quality product in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that machines and equipment are operated according to approved standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
- Ensure that machines and equipment are maintained according to the maintenance plan/schedule in conformance to manufacturer’s standards.
- Conduct daily and weekly CIL (cleaning, inspection and lubrication) as prescribed to ensure efficient machine performance with zero losses.
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as prescribed in order to ensure availability of accurate reporting and maintenance data.
- Apply EHS procedures and good housekeeping practices in order to prevent personal injuries and damage to equipment.
- Ensure a prompt end of shift report of all Technical issues preventing the machines from achieving optimum performance.
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance job with necessary supervision and controlling of other team members to achieve this aim.
- Have a high level of hands on skills in operating a wide range of fabrication equipment (welding, drilling, grinding, guillotine, lathe, shaping, milling, pressing, cutting, bending and rolling machines).
- Perform periodic and corrective maintenance on all available machines and equipment to keep them in base condition.
- Perform Root Cause Analyses of major failures in the fabrication workshops.
- Provide comprehensive daily report and update on all customers’ requests for the Fabrication Section.
- Provide valuable support to ensure that all NC (non-conformance) / Audit action point delivered OTIF (On Time In Full).
- Seek for regular feedback or coaching sessions at least once a quarter from your Team Leader.
- Drive the right attitude throughout the department lead by example and display high level of responsibility
- Carry out coaching sessions at least once a quarter for direct reports and follow up to track effectiveness.
- Attend to any other responsibility that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of OND in Welding and Fabrication, Mechanical Engineering, Machining Technology or related course
- Minimum 3 years of experience in mechanical field, wielding and fabrication, in a FMCG would represent and added advantage
- Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Sound knowledge in the manufacture of intricate parts with allowable tolerance limits.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and schematics as it relates to machine parts.
- Ability to sketch mechanical designs
- Ability to draft BOMs (Bill of materials) for fabrication jobs
- Basic Knowledge of Costing is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Recruitment at British American Tobacco (BAT) Nigeria” should click the APPLY HERE button below
Deadline: Not Specified
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.