British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products.
Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
Table of Contents
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire a Tax Manager to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria
- Manage BATMN (BAT Nigeria) group tax affairs across the country and optimizing the BAT Nigeria group tax opportunities including strategies for business growth and expansion while ensuring compliance with tax regulations to prevent risks of default.
- Tax budgets for company plan and business reviews.
- Tax disclosures in Financial Statements and Group reporting.
- Review of all BATMN group projects and contracts for compliance with all tax rules and regulations.
- Tax parameters for company payroll and review of payroll tax reports to ensure accuracy.
- Monthly tax statistics (contribution to government revenue) for social reports to stakeholders.
- Prepare and file all monthly and annual tax liabilities of BATMN group to 36 States and the federal tax authorities.
- Keep abreast of changes in all aspects of the laws and regulation of taxes in Nigeria, as it affects the business
- Responsible for the management of tax records of BATMN group.
- Responsible for advising, setting and implementing tax strategies across the business and ensuring optimal capital efficiency.
- Ensure BATMN group employees’ awareness of tax laws and regulatory changes as it affects their respective functions to ensure accuracy of tax accounting
- Ensure timely payment of all taxes to the appropriate Tax Authorities to avoid sanctions:
- Obtain high value tax related services at competitive fees from external Consultants.
- Respond to enquiries across BAT group as it affects Nigerian taxation.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of tax reporting, including internal forecast updates, Group reporting requirements, and annual budgeting exercises.
- Ensure efficient reporting of fixed assets to optimize tax benefits
- Minimize the present value of all tax payments without exposing the company to risks.
- Ensure prompt resolution of queries and matters arising from the reviews and queries of Nigerian tax agencies.
- Provide substantive defense for BATMN group in investigation and tax audit instances.
- Actively build the company’s reputation and relationship with the Tax Authorities to reduce friction.
- Communicate developments and changes in tax rules to all employees to manage expectations.
- Manage the withholding and Value Added tax affairs with all suppliers as they affect our contractual obligations.
- Ensure maximum value obtained from good working relationships with PwC and other external advisors and supporters.
- Identify tax-planning opportunities and appropriately develop and implement the operating strategies to expand the business.
- Obtain early return on investment by accelerating capital expenditure claims of the companies.
- Efficiently manage the effective tax rate of BATMN group.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to manage BAT’s reputation
- Engage in cross-functional projects and activities to provide tax insights to other functions of the company
- Develop and manage individual relationships with the Finance Leadership Team (FLT)
- Provide coaching to colleagues within and outside the team to aid their development
- Develop relationships with individuals and teams to reinforce credibility in communication received and conveyed
- Become the recognized point of contact for tax purposes by providing support to other functions.
- Build and maintain trust of subordinates to serve as a conduit for bottom-up communication and feedback to management
- Actively manage career within BAT, taking responsibility for seeking opportunities for development and growth within the company
- Develop and implement initiatives that will strengthen internal and external relationships
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree within Financial Field and NYSC completed
- Over 5 years of experience as a tax specialist, preferably within a Big 4 or FMCG company
- Very knowledgeable on the local tax dynamics and understands the implications on company business objectives.
- Innovative and influencing skills
- Ability to translate and align taxation activities to the company vision Fluency in English Language
- Understands company business environment and risks
- Proactive and strong performer who consistently achieves set goals
- Chartered Tax Practitioner/ Chartered Accountant
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good people leadership skills
- Good coaching skills
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire a Quality Control Auditor, to join our manufacturing department in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the role holder is to ensure that quality measurements are taken, analyzed, trended and reported so that timely accurate and relevant quality data can be issued to customers and business management
- Deliver all relevant Shift Quality information to stakeholders at agreed timelines;
- Ensuring products are made in line with product specifications;
- Comply to Quality Management System and other Management System in place (ISO 14001);
- Ensure report data and documentation are complete, timely and accurate at all times;
- Quality standards implementation and monitoring;
- Understand basics and fundamental of processing in primary and secondary manufacturing departments;
- Implement quality assurance standards;
- Liaise with the Quality Manager/supervisor/Team leaders regarding all issues of quality;
- Carry out investigative studies to understand and improve production process parameters;
- Participate in knowledge, process and procedure review session organized by Team Leaders / supervisors;
- Identify training needs of self to help drive effectiveness and improved quality of work;
- Conform to the laboratory working standards;
- Adhere to and ensure compliance to all protocols for FPI-X and Q2;
- Ensure proper use of all relevant test equipment;
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in all quality function records;
- Ensure timely collection of all samples in line with protocol and preparation of reports;
- Review and Authenticate accuracy of reports and data collected during the shift period by the end of shift;
- Strive to reduce non-conformance by prompt intervention, advise and collaboration with manufacturing personnel;
- Comply to EMS requirement by continuously reducing impact of our aspect and improving environmental performance;
- Provide equipment performance report/ feedback to instrumentation technician.
- Able to plan, organize and deliver results in time to meet deadline
- Passion for excellence and adherence to standards, process and procedure
- Ensure compliance with British American Tobacco EMS & EHS guidelines for all QA activities.
- Maintain at all times, a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensure that set departmental and company objectives are adhered to.
- Able to communicate timely feedback in a constructive & simple manner.
- Be proactively involved in continuous improvement initiatives drive for change in all processes in and around the manufacturing settings.
- Attend and participate actively in all team, departmental and cross functional meetings
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Science Field with Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics as a major study area;
- NYSC completed;
- Functional knowledge of quality analysis tools (Pareto, Excel, Fishbone diagram, UPS, 5 whys and SPC tool);
- Able to communicate timely feedback in a constructive & simple manner;
- Good organizational and reporting skills;
- Functional knowledge and use of QA systems (Equata, Vides, Quality reporting system, BO & Infosys).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Recruitment at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)” should click the button below to apply.
Deadline: Not Specified
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.
Share your story with us: SMS: +2347064212243, WhatsApp: +2349014058640, Email: email@example.com