The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons in 40 countries across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future.
We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- The overall purpose of this role is to support the Program Quality Assurance unit perform its key tasks including grants management, reporting and visibility.
- Assist RCS in gathering inputs from the team and follow-up, as per the reporting schedule;
- Assist Program Quality Assurance unit in conceptualizing and facilitating the implementation of program quality tools developed;
- Support grant opening, review and closing meetings, including attendance at meetings when possible;
- Assist Program Quality Assurance unit in conducting secondary research to inform new opportunities and designs, as required;
- Assist RCS in maintaining up to date filing on DRC Dynamics and facilitate the dissemination of specific information and documents, as and when required; and,
- Provide the required support for donor visits and evaluations, when required.
- Regularly monitor sources of internal and external information, data and knowledge products and share this information/updates with relevant team members, as and when required;
- To be the base focal point for project staff seeking grant management documents and ensure timely and effective responses to inquiries for grant documents.
Communication & Visibility:
- Assist field-level visibility including the recording of visibility by travelling to field sites as needed to collect information for success stories and photos to be used by RCS for publications;
- Support RCS in the roll-out of visibility training at all bases.
- In close collaboration with program and M&E team, support documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and proven innovations in program design, implementation, monitoring and reporting to improve program design and implementation strategy; and,
- Create a culture of sharing this knowledge among staff members.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in a relevant field such as international relations, project management, development studies, business administration, social sciences or equivalent;
- At least 2 years of professional experience with an international humanitarian / development organization with responsibilities of grants/program management;
- Knowledge of relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, humanitarian mine action and armed violence reduction;
- Familiarity with USAID, DFID, UN and EU donors with special attention to reporting and archiving requirements;
- English – fluent with the capacity to produce well-written products for formal reporting and communication.
- Knowledge and fluency in Hausa and other languages used in northeast Nigeria
- Ability to represent DRC to local groups and community members;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context.
- Availability: ASAP.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Recruitment at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- DRC Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator
Deadline: Not Specified
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.