The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria.
The University comprises the central campus, the student residential area, the staff quarters and a Teaching and Research Farm.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for a latest recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU).
Table of Contents
Director, Medical and Health Services
- The post carries the responsibility for the day-to-day administration of the Medical and Health Services of the University and the successful candidate shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor, who is the Chief Executive Officer of the University.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Applicants should possess a Degree in Medicine from a recognized institution and must have been registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria plus at least a Master’s Degree in a field related to Public Health or Family Medicine with not less than fifteen (15) years post-registration experience, ten (10) of which must be cognate health and medical administrative experience, preferably in a reputable health institution In addition, the candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years administrative experience.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Basic Salary: CONMESS 7 (N7,016,768.00 -N8,517,892.00 per annum).
- The point of entry point will depend on experience
- Other fringe benefits include call-duty, hazard and inducement allowances in accordance with extant Federal Government Circulars, a partly furnished residential accommodation on campus at a subsidized rate; medical care as provided under the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) for self, spouse and up to a maximum of five (5) children.
- 42 working days paid annual leaver contributory pension and such other benefits as applicable in the Federal Public Service and approved by the Council from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 35 copies of their Applications and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae giving the following information in order as listed below:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Post Applied for
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate / sworn affidavit).
- State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address / including G.S.M. Telephone number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their Ages
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic / Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials)
- Work Experience with dates
- Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any)
- Research interests and activities
- Conference/ courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any)
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Any physical challenge?
- Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with Candidates’ academic/work experience.
Applications and Curriculum Vitae of all interested Candidates are to be forwarded (“For the attention of Director of Personnel Affairs”) to:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Candidates are also required to forward a soft copy of their Application and Curriculum Vitae by email (as an attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org within the specified period.
Note: Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar. The reports should be duly marked “CONFIDENTIAL”.
Note: Only the applications of candidates shortlisted will be acknowledged.
Deadline: October 13, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.