The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. It is currently made up of 193 Member States. The mission and work of the United Nations are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter.
Under equality, governance, food production, and more. The UN also provides a forum for its members to express their views in the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, and other bodies and committees.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest recruitment at the United Nations (UN).
Table of Contents
- The United Nations Global Compact is the world’s largest sustainability initiative with over 16,000 participating companies in over 160 co companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with Ten Principles in the areas of human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption.untries and nearly 70 Local Networks around the world. As a special initiative of the United Nations Secretary-General, the United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with Ten Principles in the areas of human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption.
- The United Nations Global Compact is seeking a consultant to work on the rollout of its labour and decent work in Africa in relation to the Africa Strategy.
- Under the supervision of the Programme Officer (Regional Office/Abuja), the consultant will carry out duties in the following areas:
- Research and Analysis: Conduct research and analysis on emerging labour trends, global labour market conditions, and best practices to inform policy development and decision-making processes, especially in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Policy Development: Collaborate with Local Networks (with a specific focus on Nigeria and Ghana) to develop policies and frameworks that promote fair and inclusive labour practices, gender equality, workers’ rights, and the eradication of forced labour and child labour.
- Programme Design and Implementation: Design and deliver training programs, workshops, and capacity-building initiatives to enhance stakeholders’ understanding of labour standards and best practices (including Occupational Health and Safety), social dialogue, responsible business practices, and sustainable supply chain management.
- Advocacy and Outreach: Engage in advocacy efforts to promote the integration of labour rights and social sustainability within business operations, and participate in relevant conferences, seminars, and forums to raise awareness and drive change.
- Knowledge Sharing: Contribute to the creation and dissemination of knowledge products, research publications, guidelines, and tools that support stakeholders in implementing responsible labour practices and achieving sustainable development objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in Management, Economics, International Relations, Business Administration, Political Sciences, Public Administration or other relevant areas.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in managing projects focused on business development, capacity development, and business process improvement in Africa is required.
- Experience working on issues related to labour policies and practices as part of corporate sustainability is desirable.
- Experience collaborating with international organizations and business or private sector on sustainability is desirable.
- Experience working on programmes/projects/initiatives related to African economies in labour market trends is desirable.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: August 22, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.