US Embassy of Nigeria – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest recruitment at the US Embassy of Nigeria.
Table of Contents
Clinical Services Team Lead
The incumbent serves as a Senior HIV Program Manager across the spectrum of HIV prevention, treatment and care, including but not limited to HIV Case-Finding and Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV for the CDC Nigeria Office (Abuja).
He is primarily responsible for leading and providing project guidance to the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); contributing to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at achieving HIV epidemic control as well as the elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Nigeria.
Incumbent’s responsibilities include an active technical advisory role to the Ministry of Health and implementing partners, day-to-day program and administrative management, and coordination and collaboration with other PEPFAR agencies to ensure project implementation addresses program strategic objectives and U.S. and host government national and international public health standards and best practices.
This position provides the CDC office with the necessary public health leadership and medical expertise to manage of CDC funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities.
The incumbent also plays a major role in the management and oversight of CDC’s and PEPFAR/Nigeria implementing partners, training of health care workers, lay counselors, and social workers with respect to national and globally accepted standards in the prevention, care and treatment of HIV for better patient outcomes and epidemic control at population level.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the management of HIV/AIDS, STD, TB prevention programs at the local, state or international levels that entails responsibility for the evaluation of program activities. At least three years of these should be on HTS/PMTCT. The incumbent should also have experience in use of measurement methods required for M&E of international populations and health programs, including quantitative and qualitative research. Additionally, one year of supervisory experience and one year of experience at the managerial level is required.
Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HTS/PMTCT strategies, other HIV prevention and public health programs, methods, processes, and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV prevention programs are required. Comprehensive knowledge of the host government health care system and structures including familiarity with host government policies, program priorities and regulations is required. Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities and overall administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of contracts/cooperative agreements/grants/purchase requisitions is required. Good working knowledge of epidemiology, statistics and data analysis is required. Good working knowledge of HIV/AIDS public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV programs is required
- MBBS or MD is required. In addition, a post-graduate degree in public health (MPH) or MSc, or post-graduate Medical Fellowship in Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Pediatrics or Public Health is required.
Note: NYSC Certificate or Exclusion/Exemption document is required..
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Skill in providing leadership, direction, and technical expertise in the management and evaluation of public health programs.
- This includes the development of evaluation designs, use of reliable and valid instruments, and methods for data collection, analysis and reports. Ability to lead project teams and workgroups and to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners.
- The incumbent will be expected to exercise considerable ingenuity in applying guidelines to unique and different settings; as the work is highly complex and can be threatening to stakeholders. Strong oral and written communications skills are required to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with national and international working partners and to accomplish reporting requirements.
Salary: NGN ₦23,082,629 /Per Year
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: August 26, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.