United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEF offers a range of challenging and exciting opportunities across its key functional areas of work. We offer an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Latest Recruitment at UNICEF.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Abuja
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Planning Monitoring and Reports, the Planning and Monitoring Manager is accountable to ensure that the UNICEF Nigeria Country Office:
- Has strategic and results-based programme planning strategies and documents; useful, valid and reliable information on the situation of children’s and women’s rights; relevant, effective and timely use of programme monitoring information and insights for strategic and programmatic decision making, including insights for coverage, coordination, and coherence in emergency contexts.
- Works within the UN country team to support UNCT goals for delivering valid and reliable information on the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), UNICEF West and Central Africa Key Results for Children (KRCs) and Nigeria and other goals, and on the performance of UN-supported programmes
- Supports establishing monitoring and reporting tools that enhance partnerships between the UNCT, government and other key players to track progress on SDGs and other international commitments for children.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of duties and key results.
- Programme Planning and the Integrated Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Plan (IMEP) – Support the Country Office and national partners to develop a well-prioritized and realistic programme plan, and monitoring activities, developed collaboratively to deliver results for children.
- Situation Monitoring and Assessment – Ensure that the Country Office and national partners have a timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the country or region, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy, economic or institutional context, to facilitate planning and to draw conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies.
- Programme Performance Monitoring and Reporting – Ensure the Country Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in annual work plans, including emergency plans.
- M&E Capacity Building – Ensure that the monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners – government and civil society – are strengthened, enabling them to increase and lead monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Coordination and Networking – Ensure that the UNICEF office is effectively linked to wider UNICEF M&E developments and the UNSDCF M&E system that contributes to and benefits from organizational learning on effective M&E management.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An Advanced university degree in social sciences, statistics, planning development, planning or related social science field is required.
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Developing country or field work experience
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Specific Technical Knowledge & Competencies Required for the job:
- Knowledge of Project Evaluation.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Evaluation Process Management, Followup on Recommendations and Dissemination of M&E results.
- Emerging international good practice in monitoring and evaluation partnerships.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in methodology of M&E, including theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical inference methods.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Activity Monitoring & Evaluation, Evaluation Design, data analysis, and reporting.
- Gender equality and diversity awareness.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: April 6, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.