Wema Bank Plc is a commercial bank which offer offers a range of retail and SME banking, corporate banking, treasury, trade services, and financial advisory to its ever-expanding clients.
If you are among those that want to start a Career with Wema Bank Plc. The Bank is currently recruiting candidates to fill in the vacant position.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest recruitment at Wema Bank Plc.
Table of Contents
Loan Review Officer
- To objectively appraise loans and to ensure compliance with established Credit Policies and Procedures as well as extant Government laws and regulations.
- To also proactively identify early warning signals of would be delinquent credits for quick remediation.
- Performs regular loan portfolio reviews based on risk and/or size of all credit types.
- Ensures acceptable credit standards are maintained (verifies lien perfection, repayment capacity and collateral adequacy etc.)
- Ensures Risk Asset creation conforms to the bank’s lending policies and procedures. Also, ensure compliance with relevant State and Federal laws and regulations
- Ensures the creditworthiness of the loan portfolio, identify and report anomalies/ emerging risks that merit the review of the lending practices and/or adverse asset classification.
- Identify problem loans and work to ensure quick remediation
- Reviews bank’s processes (loan approvals, policy exception reporting, supervisory loan to value limits, underwriting, covenants, reporting, etc.)
- Determines if proper approval procedures and loan authorities were adhered to before disbursement
- Do periodic performance review to ascertain that loans are meeting expectations
- Verify the quality, completeness and accuracy of supporting loan documentation and analysis
- Periodically reviews files for appraisals, deeds of trust, UCC filings, perfection on liens, collateral evaluations and valuations etc.
- Aid Relationship Management and other SBU (Credit administration, FINCON, Account officers) on loan related accounts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Below are qualifications required to work as a Loan Review Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field with emphasis in quantitative background e.g. finance, accounting, Business Administration or Statistics
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, ACIB, CFA etc. will be added advantage
- A minimum of two-year experience in Loan Review or Credit and marketing functions.
- Good knowledge of Core Banking Application – Finacle and Windows based PC (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/ Power BI) Working Conditions.
- Knowledge of Credit/Lending laws and regulations
- Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills
- Sound working knowledge of accounting principles and financial statements
- Strong report writing skills
- Capability to effectively present information and respond to enquiries.
- Strong integrity in all areas, adhering to policies, regulations and utmost ethical and legal standards
- Uphold confidentiality and privacy of findings in all situations
- Interact and communicate effectively with personnel at various levels of the organization
- Duties are performed in an office/ remote environment in a professional business setting.
- Position involves occasional travel to bank’s locations outside the Headquarter for credits examination reviews.
- It also entails routine visits to obligors’ offices and warehouses; projects being financed and on the spot assessment of collaterals.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.