Cadbury is a British multinational confectionery company owned by Mondelez International. It is the second largest confectionery brand in the world after Wrigley’s (which was acquired by Mars, Inc. in 2008, making Mars the world’s largest confectionery company).
Cadbury is best known for its confectionery products including the Dairy Milk chocolate, the Creme Egg, and the Roses selection box. Cadbury was established in Birmingham, England in 1824, by John Cadbury who sold tea, coffee and drinking chocolate.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest vacancies at Cadbury Nigeria Plc – Mondelez International.
- Support accounting and external reporting activities including accurate and timely U.S. GAAP reporting and timeliness and integrity of statutory financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, KPIs, fixed assets, restructuring and intercompany charges. As required, you will also support activities performed by Mondelēz International Business Services/third-party service providers during month/quarter/year-end close, statistical reporting and statutory audit
- Contribute to a strong controls and compliance environment and comply with Mondelēz International’s AER policies. You will also support audit activities and provide information at an auditor’s request
- Perform special projects and analyses as requested
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. You will also identify opportunities to improve ways of working in your area of responsibility
- Contribute to a high-performing Accounting and External Reporting (AER) team and invest in your personal development
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in accounting and external reporting including understanding U.S. GAAP, IFRS or local GAAP, close processes and financial reporting systems (SAP experience preferred). Knowledge in policy, controls and compliance design including SOX reporting
- BUSINESS ACUMEN and experience working in FMCG/CPG Industry or Big Four accounting preferred
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including strong communication skills. Team player with a drive to deliver results
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and financial system knowledge
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values, policies and external regulations
Qualifications and Requirements:
To succeed in this role, it is expected that the applicant should possess:
- University degree in Accounting/Finance or any related course.
- Fluency spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of MS Office and it’s applications, especially MS Excel
- Deep understanding of Nigerian tax laws
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet set deadlines
- Ability to create / drive team spirit
- High ethical standard and level of integrity
- Minimum 4 years of tax consulting experience preferably in a Big 4
- Demonstrable experience in handling/managing tax audits
No Relocation support available
Cocoa Life Country Manager, Nigeria & Cameroon
As you implement the programs, you will work with a cross functional team and oversee implementing partners that include suppliers, agencies and NGO partners. In this role, you will manage program budget, create and maintain reports on program results, monitor the program on the field and remain open to the opportunities to further enrich our strategy in these 2 countries. You will work locally with business colleagues and external partners to implement plans under each respective pillar.
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
Working with the local business unit and the global teams, you implement a cocoa sustainability program in Cameroon and Nigeria that is aligned with the Cocoa Life vision and strategic plans to deliver expected growth, impact for farmers and communities, and efficiency.
You drive integration and alignment of Cocoa Life in internal and external stakeholder (e.g., governments, supply chain partners, and commercial partners) agendas in these countries.
- The core purpose of the country manager is to lead the full implementation of the Cocoa Life Program in Cameroon and Nigeria, generating empowered, thriving cocoa farming communities.
- The country manager works closely with Central Cocoa Life team as well as local business unit team to deliver plans through vendors.
- The role plays an important part in diversifying Cocoa Life’s portfolio to two important, new origins, and reaching MDLZ’ ambitious sustainability goals.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Role model for ethical and compliant behaviour
- Sustainable agriculture development at grass roots level
- Supply chain business acumen
- Program management
- Management of budget and deliverables
- Foster innovation and learning across teams
- Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, and executive presentation skills
- Supervise implementation of Cocoa Life program
- Manage spend budgets
- Quality assurance of field level implementation,
- Build trust with implementing partners and communities, through presence in the field and transparent communication
- Risk management including early warning system
- Reporting back and aligning with the global team and other Cocoa Life country teams
- Lead quarterly proof of performance process with partners
- Monitor progress, evaluate impact, and verify data vs KPI’s (volume, sustainability deliverables)
- Provide input to strategy development and strategic planning processes.
- Identify and recommend new opportunities in countries, especially around new climate smart producing models and improved supply chain
- Keep an eye on policy alignment
- Facilitate dialogue, build relationships and ensure information flow between all implementing partners and with local BU
- Lead in-country visits including from Flocert and IPSOS
In country representation
- Strengthen the Cocoa Life Program in Nigeria and Cameroon by building strong relationship with the local authorities and national platforms.
- Represent MDLZ in relevant fora and attend relevant cocoa sustainability roundtables, in particular pertaining to regulation of the sector.
Standard 40 business hours per week.
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez International’s Sub Sahara Africa BU is seen as the growth engine for the business. Currently, we operate out of two major hubs – South Africa, servicing south, central and east Africa; and Nigeria, looking after West Africa. Our product offering is as diverse and exciting as our over 2000 passionate people. We are category leaders in South Africa with our Cadbury chocolates; and our Bournvita product is a firm family favourite in Nigeria. We also delight our consumers with our candy offerings of Halls and Tom Toms; our Stimorol and Clorets gum and global favourite Oreo.
In all that we do, we will do business the right way – with our products, the environment and our communities.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualifications and Requirements:
What you will bring
A desire to lead the future for our company and accelerate you career with experience and knowledge in:
- Leading and managing in a related industry and/or Impact area such as Sustainability, Mindful Snacking, Social Impact or Well-being
- Excellent program and project management skills
- Understanding of and passion for positive influence, external social impact and business growth under one or more of our Impact pillars
- Clear, effective communication skills in a variety of settings and styles
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY BY clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.